Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Teaser Tra

Post by McAvoy »

Man they are really trying to make it like the graphic novels between the bulked up short eared Batman and the armored Batman.

Also it seems like they are intentionally trying to make it look like Batman and Superman will fight in the whole movie. I doubt it, in fact I think Superman will start looking for Batman when he heard about some crazy lunatic in a bat costume beating people up. They fight a little with Superman barely putting up a fight.

Oh and I think that is the Batman voice, then I like it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

BWWWAAAAHHH!!!

Okay, when we get actual content, I might be impressed.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Trailer doesn't look to bad....I just find the whole concept rather stupid. I mean they are basically on the same side. At least they go out of their way to make it appear like this will be a Batman vs. Superman movie. I bet in the end they won't be fighting against each other at all and the whole dialogue is taken out of context.

I don't know.....a new Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor.......I think they cram to much into the movie. And everything is so hopeless and grimdark.......it really makes me wonder why Warhammer 40k isn't more popular these days and not brought onto the big screen. GamesWorkshop is sure missing out.

P.S..what are the chances we see Superman do stuff Superman normally does and not have an existantial crisis? With a huge frown on his face? (Need to rewatch Man of Steel and check if he even smiled once in that movie.....)
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Superman did smile in Man of Steel. Henry Cavil makes for a good Superman though not as sure with Clark Kent.

What gets me is the statue of Superman.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

McAvoy wrote:Superman did smile in Man of Steel. Henry Cavil makes for a good Superman though not as sure with Clark Kent.

Not criticising the actor (altough I think he did lack presence....a pretty boy, sure, but not very charismatic) but more criticising the aweful writing and general tone of the film and it seems the new one will be even more grimdark than the last one.

That's why I generally like the Marvel Movies and Avenger better...at least they still manage to get a few jokes in and you don't want to kill yourself after watching it. (ok...slight hyperbole but you get my point)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Atekimogus wrote:.it really makes me wonder why Warhammer 40k isn't more popular these days and not brought onto the big screen. GamesWorkshop is sure missing out.
A couple of excellent WH40k films have been made. GW, however, is so monomaniacally jealous over its intellectual property rights that it has put the lawsuit hammer down so hard that your head would swim, completely missing the fact that they could make such things into huge cash cows for themselves and promotions for their games.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Atekimogus wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Superman did smile in Man of Steel. Henry Cavil makes for a good Superman though not as sure with Clark Kent.

Not criticising the actor (altough I think he did lack presence....a pretty boy, sure, but not very charismatic) but more criticising the aweful writing and general tone of the film and it seems the new one will be even more grimdark than the last one.

That's why I generally like the Marvel Movies and Avenger better...at least they still manage to get a few jokes in and you don't want to kill yourself after watching it. (ok...slight hyperbole but you get my point)
Henry Cavil I think is an excellent actor and was great in The Tudors even though I think he was 19.

Man of Steel definitely has its faults.

However the dark edgier more serious tone of DC is what set it apart from Marvel.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Mikey wrote:
Atekimogus wrote:.it really makes me wonder why Warhammer 40k isn't more popular these days and not brought onto the big screen. GamesWorkshop is sure missing out.
A couple of excellent WH40k films have been made. GW, however, is so monomaniacally jealous over its intellectual property rights that it has put the lawsuit hammer down so hard that your head would swim, completely missing the fact that they could make such things into huge cash cows for themselves and promotions for their games.
True...but to be fair they also have quite a religious following, so every movie made will be under more scrutiny and checked for errors than a ww2 movie so whoever attempts it better make sure to get the background and fluff 100% right.
McAvoy wrote: However the dark edgier more serious tone of DC is what set it apart from Marvel.
To each their own I guess...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Jared Leto's Joker

Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Jared Leto? I thought that was Lori Petty.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

OK... But I was iffy with Heath Ledger.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Not saying Leto can't do a good job, just commenting on the pic itself. When is the movie with Leto supposed to come out? I had heard summer of 2016, but I'm not positive.
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park