Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Teaser Trailer

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Teaser Tra

Post by McAvoy »

Fantastic Four is the one recent movie where I didn't see it because not a single person said it was good. Not even OK. It was bad.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:So, yeah: I can overthink things.
There are worse flaws to have. ;)
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Oh, one thing I'll add - props to the makers for taking the whole "Superman levelled half of Metropolis!" complaint over Man of Steel and running with it. They could easily have glossed over it, but instead they actually made it a controversial thing within the movie, and made it Batman's reason for disliking Supes. That was an excellent decision.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Captain Picard's Hair wrote:So, yeah: I can overthink things.
There are worse flaws to have. ;)
But somehow Homer Simpson (master of under-thinking things) seems to always come out alright too.

Well, seeing the :batman: film not only didn't melt my brain but did entertain me. Though due to it's length I had to pee quite urgently by the end.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

There could be a reason for that other than the length of the film ;)

email, ergo spam
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

IanKennedy wrote:There could be a reason for that other than the length of the film ;)

I didn't have any drink in the theater.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

:)
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Okay, saw it Friday, matinee. There were two other people in the theater. For contrast, when I saw Avengers on a Wednesday matinee, the theater was packed.

Anyway... I liked it. I thought it was good. the actors did well. Affleck nailed Batman. Gal was great as Wonder Woman, and ho boy was she a BADASS! Cavill did great as Superman, but my gods man, smile! Luthor took a bit, but he grew on me. Some missteps, I felt. They tried for a bit too much too soon, methinks.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Saw it today. Half filled theater.

Lex might as well had green hair and call himself Joker and it would not have changed the movie or his lines and his style of acting.

Superman really needs a movie on his own so people can see him save people more. He was moody in this one.

Affleck nailed Batman. Alfred I enjoyed and certainly makes sense for someone else than Batman to work on the equipment.

The Martha scene is well laughable. Batman this badass still has Mommy issues.

Wonder Woman is badass. She did far more damage to Doomsday than Superman. Seemed to have a better chance too. Her theme music was great too. Still think she is too skinny.

Doomsday grew on me. Though he has a new ability. He absorbs energy to become stronger. Every time you wound him he emits a field that makes him stronger. His field is also very powerful.

Wonder Woman should gave used the spear. She has no problems with weapons and kyptonite doesn't affect her.

Batman's suit is Bullet proof. He can take bullets directly to the cowl which probably just fazes him. His anti Superman suit appears to be similar to Iron Man in that he does have above human strength. He was able to rip off a sink from a wall with no effort. Kyptonite gas was what allowed him to beat Superman. Which is how he beat Superman in the Dark Knight cartoon movie.

Not a fan of the Flash. Cyborg is created by the Boom Box. So Darkseid will appear soon.

Affleck's interactions with Wonder Woman was good. Excellent acting on both parts.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Yeah, the Flash's special effects were pretty damned laughable overall.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Something occurred to me while I was driving to work today.

That dream sequence where Batman sees Gotham/Metropolis or whatever city and he sees nothing but a wasteland. Then we see in the distance two or three streams of lava/fire coming from the planet shooting straight up. Then when Batman gets captured, swarms of flying large beings come up and take down Batman and his people.

Those are Darkseid's minions. And those shooting flames from the Earth is what Darkseid's troops do to their conquered planets.

That following one dream within a dream is his son Orion. Saying something about Lois Lane still makes no sense.

Basically Batman had a premonition of what the future could be but mistook it as what Superman would do.

Knowing that now, it's a nice setup for the eventual face off against Darkseid. We already know the Boom box exists as it was shown to create Cyborg.

However the whole thing is not obvious to the general audience and it will leave people confused about it. Like my initial reaction was why another dream.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Just watched it on bluray. Watched the extended version, 30 extra minutes on top of the theatrical version, 3:02:33 total, ouch. I am not sure what was added that wasn't in the theater.

Anyway, this is the first DC movie that I actually liked and made me look forward to another installment. They did a good job of making Wonder Woman a honest badass. Even when Doomsday knocked her around a bit she actually smiled like she was enjoying the fight, picked her sword back up and went right back into the fight.

The let down is Luthor. I just never cared for him as a villain and this did nothing to change that. At least we didn't have to deal with both Luthor and the Joker in this movie. Oh look, two non-powered crazy peopzzzzzzzzz... Did I fall asleep?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I saw the theatrical version and the extended. More or less it just show's more of Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne in their roles.