Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Teaser Trailer

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Teaser Tra

Post by Mikey »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay sat down and watched the trailer. What Ma Kent tells Clark... way to go, DC. Way to fucking go. :bangwall:
You need to understand that in the last few years, Marvel films = greatness (artistically as well as fiscally) while DC films = an economy-sized can of suck. It's no wonder to me that DC is trying to follow the way Marvel has tended to play some of its characters, no matter the fact that they picked the absolutely wrong character with which to try it. They did it in the comics, too in response to Marvekl's success in the McFarlane/Claremont/Simonon era, when they killed Superman.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay sat down and watched the trailer. What Ma Kent tells Clark... way to go, DC. Way to fucking go. :bangwall:
You need to understand that in the last few years, Marvel films = greatness (artistically as well as fiscally) while DC films = an economy-sized can of suck. It's no wonder to me that DC is trying to follow the way Marvel has tended to play some of its characters, no matter the fact that they picked the absolutely wrong character with which to try it. They did it in the comics, too in response to Marvekl's success in the McFarlane/Claremont/Simonon era, when they killed Superman.
I... do understand that, Mikey. And yeah, this is so beyond the wrong way to go with Superman it's almost kinda funny.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

The live action films might not have been upto much, but some of the DC Animated films have been brilliant.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I agree with the Animated movies. Alot of the Justice League movies are well done. I liked the Flash Paradox one. That was pretty good.

Atlantis one was good.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

They're releasing "The Killing Joke" next year. If they do as good a job as the did with The Dark Knight Returns, we're in for a treat
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

They need to make a new Batman and Beyond series too.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

kostmayer wrote:They're releasing "The Killing Joke" next year. If they do as good a job as the did with The Dark Knight Returns, we're in for a treat
I have never liked the Killing Joke. Hell, the only versions of the Joker I've liked have all been ones not in the comics themselves. Cesar Romero from the 1966 TV series, Mark Hamill from Batman:TAS, jack Nicholson from the 1989 Batman and Heath ledger from the Dark Knight. The comics, though? I hate him.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
kostmayer wrote:They're releasing "The Killing Joke" next year. If they do as good a job as the did with The Dark Knight Returns, we're in for a treat
I have never liked the Killing Joke. Hell, the only versions of the Joker I've liked have all been ones not in the comics themselves. Cesar Romero from the 1966 TV series, Mark Hamill from Batman:TAS, jack Nicholson from the 1989 Batman and Heath ledger from the Dark Knight. The comics, though? I hate him.
The Joker's latest look put me off of getting back into comics.

It's really off-putting. This is worse than the 1990's grim-n-gritty era.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

What. The. Fuck.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:What. The. Fuck.
Took the words... nah. I can't say that. I already knew what this version's done. It's bullshit.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I was on the fence about this one, curious about the idea but waiting for the first feedback. So the reviews are in...

MCU 1; DC 0
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:I was on the fence about this one, curious about the idea but waiting for the first feedback. So the reviews are in...

MCU 1; DC 0
Roughly what I've heard, too. Even positive reviews have been guarded and selective about their praise. Although I've heard a lot of good concerning Affleck as Batman.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Although I've heard a lot of good concerning Affleck as Batman.
Yes, that's one positive I've seen in reviews also.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Majority of what I have seen is split 50/50.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So far I haven't seen a review that said "This is a real stinker". Rather, most of them are saying "This is okay. But just okay. Not terrible, not great... okay."

Ian and I are going to see 10 Cloverfield Lane, London has Fallen, and Batman Vs Superman today. I will report back!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...