Marvel Announces Phase 3 of Its Movies Plans

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Marvel Announces Phase 3 of Its Movies Plans

Post by Nutso »

http://io9.com/marvel-debuts-their-new- ... socialflow
Phase 3 has been announced, and it's everything — everything you could want. Captain Marvel! Black Panther! Inhumans! And most incredibly, a two-part Avengers: Infinity War!!! We've got all the details right here!

• Captain America 3: Civil War on May 6th, 2016
• Doctor Strange on November 4th, 2016
No casting was confirmed, obviously. Kevin Feige said specifically: "If [Doctor Strange casting] was confirmed, we would have announced it today." (Makes my other thread useless.)
• Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on May 5th, 2017
• Thor 3: Ragnarok on July 28th, 2017
• Captain Marvel on July 6th, 2018
Just to be clear, Kevin Feige confirmed this will star Carol Danvers, not Mar-Vell. YESSSSS.
• Black Panther on November 3rd, 2017
Chadwick Boseman, star of 42: The Jackie Robinson Story, has already been cast as Black Panther!

• Inhumans on November 2nd, 2018
and then:
Really ambitious. Here's an image of Thanos with something interesting. Spoilers of course.
To finish this off, here's a 1 minute clip from Avengers 2 called, Superhero Party.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: Marvel Announces Phase 3 of Its Movies Plans

Post by Jim »

Superhero Party - This is why these Marvel movies are successful. They have action, but they also have a lot of fun and great, realistic banter dialogue. "Are you even pulling?" "Just represent!"

I also liked how Thor's face changed when Captain America actually caused the hammer to shift.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Someone is forgetting the plans for a service-based (Netflix, IIRC) run of series leading up to a Defenders miniseries.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Looking forward to Captain America Civil War. I wonder if they will do it as in the comics. If they do than its a Captain America/Spiderman/Iron Man movie.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Never having read comics as a kid, I'm unfamiliar with these newer characters coming out (what I know of the ones already represented in the movie series comes mostly from said movies). However, just based on (most of) the recent Marvel movies I can expect to enjoy these upcoming movies too. So, hooray for entertainment to look forward to.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Oh, this news is beautiful. I'll be over in the corner dancing up a storm and waving my arms in the air.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

So... No War Machine movie then.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"