Interstellar

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Interstellar

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Sci-fi film coming November, directed by Christopher Nolan (mastermind of Dark Knight trilogy).

First trailer just came out (at screenings of Godzilla for theater viewers and YouTube for everyone else)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWdZVtXT7E
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Interstellar

Post by Coalition »

Looks kinda iffy, here is the official page on it, and here is the wiki page.

Something is causing crops to not grow, so they launch a ship into space to go through a wormhole and go to another planet? With cryogenics that means probes had to have been launched from a long time ago (Voyager?) in order to get data on the planet.

For the amount of resources put into the starship, I'd have preferred tower farms, algae crops, aso so more people can live.

I'll need more information/trailers first. The only reason I can think of the guy being sent off (a good back-home type), is because he is both a farmer and an engineer. He can fix problems that occur in the ship en-route, and he can grow crops at the destination.

(From the name I was hoping it would be a modification of the Interstellar Patrol.)
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Insterstellar Official Trailer
Interstellar Official Trailer 2014

A group of explorers make use of a newly-discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well, that looks just awful. I think this one touched every cliche in the book, just in the course of that trailer. Dad-kid separation, inter-gender unconscious tension, older father figure asking for trust without proof, the idea of a cause "bigger than you or me," even a Dylan fucking Thomas quote. Sorry, that should read "even the Dylan fucking Thomas quote."

Also, it has Matthew McConnaghy (sp.?) in it, so that's a few strikes against as well.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Yeah, this is so by-the-numbers I can see the numbers.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Its a movie I probably wont go see in the theaters but I do want to see it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"