ZomRomCom #2

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

ZomRomCom #2

Post by IanKennedy »

If you thought that Shaun of the Dead was the only ZomRomCom you're wrong. Now there's this Warm Bodies
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: ZomRomCom #2

Post by Jim »

The issue that I had with this movie was that the zombies could come alive (heart start beating again, etc) through love and actually caring about being around the living. Um...

Almost as corny, but not quite, as people being infected with RAGE that do not fight/attack other people infected with RAGE... Yep, I'm looking at you 28 Days Later...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Not going to watch Twilight The Zombies Edition.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I've seen Warm Bodies, it's actually a much better film than I expected it to be. It's not terribly funny, and it's by no means great... but I found it quite watchable.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I've seen Warm Bodies, it's actually a much better film than I expected it to be. It's not terribly funny, and it's by no means great... but I found it quite watchable.
As did I. I actually enjoyed the first-person narration of the main Zombie character -- probably for the delivery.

"I feel lost. .. I'm literally lost, I've never been in this part of the airport before."
Jim wrote:The issue that I had with this movie was that the zombies could come alive (heart start beating again, etc) through love and actually caring about being around the living. Um...

Almost as corny, but not quite, as people being infected with RAGE that do not fight/attack other people infected with RAGE... Yep, I'm looking at you 28 Days Later...
As for this comment, it's not a Zombie film any more than Hot Fuzz is a police film. If this were intended to be an actual "end of the world/zombie apocalypse" film I'd agree but it really is just a RomCom with Zombies. While I respect your right to your opinion, I think that complaint misses the point of what the movie is.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."