Next Man of Steel Cast

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Next Man of Steel Cast

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I have the feeling this movie isn't going to do very well.
Financially or critically?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I'm wondering if this Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice is going to be a metaphor for immigration. Superman's here illegally, and he killed another immigrant. (I'd bring up the thousands he killed smashing Zod into buildings but, I don't want to further muddy this thing.) Batman can't let crime go unpunished. He's got a supersuit and he's going to get Supes documented or imprisoned.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nutso wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:I have the feeling this movie isn't going to do very well.
Financially or critically?
Critically, for sure. Financially... maybe.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote:I'm wondering if this Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice is going to be a metaphor for immigration. Superman's here illegally, and he killed another immigrant. (I'd bring up the thousands he killed smashing Zod into buildings but, I don't want to further muddy this thing.) Batman can't let crime go unpunished. He's got a supersuit and he's going to get Supes documented or imprisoned.
I have the same thought except that Wonder Woman comes in play because Superman is viewed as a great threat. Batman views Superman has a threat because there is no counter to him. So far he is the first super powered being unless you count Green Lantern movie as first and in the same universe.

There has to be a backlash to Superman and taking out several blocks of a major city plus all of the damage with his one on one fight with Zod.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy, someone who knows comics told me that armored batsuit is from a comic called, The Dark Knight Returns. It's an aged Batman vs Superman fight in that story. I never read it. Frank Miller's narratives are a little hard for me to get into.
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

This an Antman are going to make them re evaluate their position on comic book movies.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:McAvoy, someone who knows comics told me that armored batsuit is from a comic called, The Dark Knight Returns. It's an aged Batman vs Superman fight in that story. I never read it. Frank Miller's narratives are a little hard for me to get into.
He's had a number of armored suits, but yeah. That's probably his most famous one.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote:McAvoy, someone who knows comics told me that armored batsuit is from a comic called, The Dark Knight Returns. It's an aged Batman vs Superman fight in that story. I never read it. Frank Miller's narratives are a little hard for me to get into.
He has had many more. I don't recall if that was the first one. But they are similar though.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Teaos wrote:This an Antman are going to make them re evaluate their position on comic book movies.
Except Antman is Marvel and one stinker won't budge their numbers much. This is DC, who has had reducingly popular films since the Batman Begins.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

It might hopefully make them more cautious. Because dispite the Avengers universe making huge amounts of money, one bad one can cripple them.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

stitch626 wrote:
Teaos wrote:This an Antman are going to make them re evaluate their position on comic book movies.
Except Antman is Marvel and one stinker won't budge their numbers much. This is DC, who has had reducingly popular films since the Batman Begins.
Since the Dark Knight actually.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

McAvoy wrote:
stitch626 wrote:
Since the Dark Knight actually.
I start with Begins because in hindsight The Dark Knight has been getting much more critical reviewing, and has itself reduced in popularity.
Actually, other than Begins and DK, DC has struggled in the movie department since the last generation of Superman and Batman films.
Teaos wrote:It might hopefully make them more cautious. Because dispite the Avengers universe making huge amounts of money, one bad one can cripple them.
Fantastic 4 franchise, Spiderman 3, Xmen 3: all of these had horrible aspects for a studio, and all they did was fund what we have now. Antman will be a drop in the bucket even if it is horrible or great.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I was a little interested in Antman when I heard Edgar Wright was directing in. Now, I don't care. I don't even know who Antman is.

This thing looks like it should be a Will Ferrel super hero comedy with John C. Reilly as his sad and lonely sidekick.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I think they are introducing him because of Ultron. Antman created him by accident.

Antman is similar to Iron Man. He's like a Stark-lite. I doubt he will look like that above.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Antman is definitely only on the film roster because of Age of Ultron. That said, Marvel's been doing pretty well with the science-y, cerebral superheroes over the strictly "punch it until the gooey center pops out" type of action-only movie. The other thing that Antman has going for him is that the Avengers' cross-film universe continuity has been kept unprecedently well - if that continues*, it will prop up some small portion of fail that might appear in the film.

* With no guarantee or need for that continuity to be kept so piously with the rumored Netflix series based on the Defenders and the associated Power Man, Iron Fist, etc. tie-ins.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer