Next Man of Steel Cast

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: Next Man of Steel Cast

Post by Jim »

That's the DC universe for you...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

And Robin will be furious.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

It... doesn't look too bad, IMHO. It's identifiable as Wonder Woman, if a bit too muted.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

If you don't want to see what Batman looks like, don't click this. It's a grainy preview, but good enough to see.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Really hard to do Wonder Woman without making hee look like Xena.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Not too impressed. They've taken all the colour away, which is to be expected since DC is determined to make everything grim and miserable. But she just doesn't look like I imagine WW to look. I'm no comic purist or anything - I've never even been a regular comic reader - but I'd expect somebody who looked a bit more athletic and physically capable.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I still don't see how Superman vs. Batman is going to be anything other than a funeral for Batman, and I used to be a comic book reader into my 20's.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

In the comics, he is much smarter and better prepared than what we see in the movies. Also he does have armored suits similar to Iron Man that can hold up for a time.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:In the comics, he is much smarter and better prepared than what we see in the movies. Also he does have armored suits similar to Iron Man that can hold up for a time.
How does that help him if Superman picks him up and flies into space and leaves him there? Or throws him into the sun :)
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote:
McAvoy wrote:In the comics, he is much smarter and better prepared than what we see in the movies. Also he does have armored suits similar to Iron Man that can hold up for a time.
How does that help him if Superman picks him up and flies into space and leaves him there? Or throws him into the sun :)
It doesn't. It does have some flight abilities. But really, Batman just has been the one that writers know that the best he can do is pay for shit which he does. He is also the detective of the group.

The only way I can think of is if Batman knows of kryptonite and wears it like a brass knuckle or something.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

In the comics and cartoons, Batman does have some Kryptonite on him. Very small but damaging to Superman. In this latest gritty comics changes, Batman has crafted a Krytonite bullet to use on Superman if he ever got out of control. He's devised a way to "take down" all the other superheroes and has it stored on a PC, in a universe where other powered beings can become one with a machine. Batman's an asshole that way.
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:If you don't want to see what Batman looks like, don't click this. It's a grainy preview, but good enough to see.
I'm sorry, but the glowing eyes and overall look have me taking him less seriously than Adam West's version. :lol:
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Believe it or not, but that look is in line for Batman. Many are just used to the live action versions.

Is almost no different than Iron Man. He has always been pro-rated with black eyes and occasionally you can see his eyes. In the movie he has glowing eyes.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I have the feeling this movie isn't going to do very well.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...