The Final Countdown

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The Final Countdown

Post by McAvoy »

Japan had no chance to win which is why they were hoping the US wouldn't have the heart to fight. Basically they were hoping for another war like the Russian Japanese War in 1904-1905.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Final Countdown

Post by Atekimogus »

GrahamKennedy wrote: What do you think? Could Germany have gone so far as the conquest of France and then stopped, and gotten the world to accept it eventually?
What is even more interesting....could they have laid low for a while and when the - imho inevitable - clash with the communists happened gotten the west (US, UK) to join them somehow? Or at least getting them so friendly that there is no lend-lease support for the soviet-union? (Now basically that is just meaningless statistic but I read that without lend-lease tanks, for example, they would have run out of tanks about when the germans showed up before moscow, obviously this wasn't a problem later on when their production picked up, but in the beginning of the war it seemed to have been mightily close for a while.)

What if after France they give their little piece of Poland back in exchange for having peace in the west, in the knowledge that within a year they are marching all over it again in defense against the evil communists, but this time either with allied support, or at least with them being neutral. Would that have been a possiblity?
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.