New Godzilla...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Godzilla...

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Not but it works as a simple link
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I am just special need or something, I can never seem to get these things to work right...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Jim wrote:Not sure if this will work, it is the "embed video" link from the page...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?vi ... 1735618000" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>
No, that's HTML, you cannot embed HTML into the forum. If it was a website it would work perfectly. However, it's deliberately prevented from working on the forum.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Not but it works as a simple link
Clicking he HD item on the bottom right gives a vastly improved video quality.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

My phone hates me so I will wait till later to hear it.

Yeah Jim I thought you meant the gif and all this time I had no sound. Because I would have l liked to hear what that Marine said to the football player that showed up in the funny pics thread a few months ago.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Oh Yeaaaah :Q !!!
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:My phone hates me so I will wait till later to hear it.

Yeah Jim I thought you meant the gif and all this time I had no sound. Because I would have l liked to hear what that Marine said to the football player that showed up in the funny pics thread a few months ago.
GIF cannot contain sound. Thank god, what a world it would be if it could. :worried:
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I seem to have to watch that trailer every morning. I can't wait for a real trailer and not just the teaser...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

IanKennedy wrote:GIF cannot contain sound. Thank god, what a world it would be if it could. :worried:
Flash alone is bad enough. Never before has there been a more two edged sword than Flash.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Tyyr wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:GIF cannot contain sound. Thank god, what a world it would be if it could. :worried:
Flash alone is bad enough. Never before has there been a more two edged sword than Flash.
I have a flash blocker that prevents it from running without permission. You simply get a square that contains an 'f' you have to click to allow the flash to run. Works a treat. They're available for pretty much all web browsers.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote:

GIF cannot contain sound. Thank god, what a world it would be if it could. :worried:

Yeah I have been website like navweaps.com where the forum on every page has a video that plays automatically and you have to manually stop it. That in itself is annoying.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

The Marine in that gif was screaming, "Noo! Noooo!" But what he was insinuating is "You dance in my endzone and I will cut your heart out and feed it to you. Have a nice day."
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I did lip read the No No! part but I would have liked to know what he said afterwards.

Anyhoo, I went on YouTube and listened to many Godzilla roars and it seems to me the new one is more or less the same.

On the other hand I want to watch the original 1954 version again.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Actually that guy was about to salute a Gunnery Sergeant which is a major foul up. You don't salute NCOs.
I have a flash blocker that prevents it from running without permission. You simply get a square that contains an 'f' you have to click to allow the flash to run. Works a treat. They're available for pretty much all web browsers.
So do I, however the fact that I have blocked an entire file format goes to show just how badly it's been abused.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Tyyr wrote:Actually that guy was about to salute a Gunnery Sergeant which is a major foul up. You don't salute NCOs.
So do I, however the fact that I have blocked an entire file format goes to show just how badly it's been abused.
I think it's a testament to how badly it's been designed and developed. It's typically to blame for browser freezes and hangs that you can experience on visiting a new site. It's also a huge power hug, both in terms of CPU utilisation and real electricity use, especially important on mobile machines. All that aside it's security record is probably the worst in the computer industry. I toyed with removing it completely but there's one or two sites that I still need it for.
email, ergo spam