World War Z

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: World War Z

Post by Jim »

Tyyr wrote:
Jim wrote:When you get an anesthesia injection... it only takes a few seconds to knock you out (fully affect you).
An anesthesia injection isn't causing significant biological alterations in your body. In WWZ in ten seconds someone went from bit to capable of biting and injecting whatever it is into the next person.
Agree. I was just referring to the speed in which the medium can go through your arm/leg, back to your heart, through your lungs, back to your heart, to the rest of the body and actually have an affect.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

And this is one of the big reasons why zombie movies don't do 'anything' for me. They break my SOD in that certain way that renders it... unenjoyable.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Who did the first fast zombie movie?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Return of The Living Dead (1985) had fast undead zombies. Not 28 Days Later fast or the Dawn of The Dead remake fast. They weren't shambling slow either, except for the really rotted ones. These ones like to eat brains too. It's a real fun movie.

Here's the whole thing on youtube.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
McAvoy wrote:My guess for the fast zombie is that when they become infected they become superhuman. Bones become twice as strong, muscles and tendons become stronger etc.
At which point you may as well not bother call it a virus. It's a plague of magic.
Its zombies. They are magically walking or crawling around when they should not be especially after fatal injuries.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

The "Return" movies did have faster zombies (More of a jogging top speed), and they were semi-smart as they could talk and such. They did slow down after a while. The "Return" movies had a good bit of humor in them too.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I think talking Zombies are worse than running Zombies.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Teaos wrote:I think talking Zombies are worse than running Zombies.
Accepted... however, when the line is "Get the damn screwdriver out of my head"...

http://youtu.be/tsR3j1R6wmU
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Agreed. Not a fan of running zombies but I can tolerate ones that move at a normal pace unless they are too damaged to move any faster.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Especially when they order delivery:
"Send more paramedics."

Though it is fairly easy to trip them up:
"Who is the President of the United States?"

Zombie: "Harry Truman."
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Coalition wrote:Though it is fairly easy to trip them up:
"Who is the President of the United States?"

Zombie: "Harry Truman."
That is funny!
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Jim wrote:
Accepted... however, when the line is "Get the damn screwdriver out of my head"...

http://youtu.be/tsR3j1R6wmU
Okay... I liked that. :D
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Well the thing that bugs me about those movies is always how stupid people are. Now even when I am not prepared with just the things I have on hand I can have myself pretty much bite-proof in less then 10 minutes.

Sure, it will be maybe a bit warm but still better than getting a fatal bite. I mean having them have to bite you to spread infection puts them already at a huge disadvantage since humans are not build to bring their prey down via bites. To defend against that should be rather simple.

Now of course since this is just another stupid movie, some rolled up magazine hold together with duct tape makes you far more bite-proof, then military grade cevlar and heavy army boots, which are "obviously" biten through without any problem. :roll:

Still an enjoyable movie but so many stupid moments............(like the whole thing on the jerusalem wall.......now apart from the ridiculous physics, not even was the singing epic fail, but NOBODY noticed the massive buildup of zombies on the ground? What were all the recon helicopters doing shown flying OUTSIDE the wall just moments before? :bangwall: Who the hell builds a wall for defense purposes and forgets to add a few battlements and parapets on top of it JUST FOR THIS scenario? And how long would it take people to figure out that maybe a couple of flamethrowers there would be a good idea? 2 seconds?)
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I think in most zombie movies, one of the fist victims of the plague is the population's IQ and common sense.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I liked that it was basic religious stupidity that directly caused the downfall of Jerusalem. Had they just stayed quiet and been happy to be alive they would probably have survived. Instead, they stupidly started singling religious songs as loud as possible to praise their god... Dead. HA!