Hang Over III

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Hang Over III

Post by Teaos »

Good, not as good as the first, but on par with the second, some great on liners and WTF moments.

Not high brow comedy but well worth the watch.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hang Over III

Post by Mikey »

Haven't seen it and won't. The drop-off from I to II was huge, and III promises to continue that trend. Let it die.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

One was the best but two had some great moments, along with the best one liner ever, three is likewise funny even if not as good as one.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Two was inevitably just so derivative. I mean, there was really nowhere to go with the premise; the archetypal Bangkok jokes were predictable, and the novelty of Galifinakis' character was all but gone.
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I've come to the conclusion a while back that I'm not going to go see a comedy in the theaters. Given the cost of a solo trip to the movies (~$20) much less me and the wife (~$70 once you factor in the babysitter) it's not worth it unless there's damn good reason for the big screen. Jokes are jokes and good dialogue is good dialogue and neither require a big screen. Cheaper to just rent the movie later or buy it if it's particularly good. Unless something huge is exploding there's no point in spending the money on a trip to the movies.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I only see big budget with big effects on the big screen. I do not need to see a comedy on the big screen as you have said. Its just too expensive now. Basically I see maybe four movies in the theaters each year.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I have been pondering watching this, merely as I pay £15 a month for an unlimited cinema card, and can go s often as I like. But it is not at the top of my list.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Its well worth the time. I personally think Comedys are funny in a crowd, collective laughter is something great.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

What is £15 in real money? $25? Might be worth it if there was at least one movie a week worth going to see.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Well to me, pound sterling is real money, so £15... But yeah about $25.

Well here it costs £8-9 a time to watch a film at the cinema. Thus even twice a month more than pays for it. And I'd rather go watch a film with a friend than go and get pissed, even if the film is one they want to watch and I'm not bothered, so for me it works.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well I need to find a card like that.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

It's a great thing to have if you're able to make use of it. And like I said, two visits to the cinema a month more than pays for it.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I can't watch two movies a month to justify it. Though the theater by me in Freehold now has leather recliners now which is nice.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

McAvoy wrote:I can't watch two movies a month to justify it. Though the theater by me in Freehold now has leather recliners now which is nice.
The theater in Menlo Park Mall in Edison has table service.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I have heard about the theater bars and theater restaurant ones. I have been to a theater bar. I found it cool to drink a beer in a Super Size cup while watching a movie. It was like drinking three beers. I got a refill and definitely was not in good shape to drive. This was in Texas.