From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Dredd

Post by stitch626 »

Atekimogus wrote:
Tyyr wrote:
Atekimogus wrote:I agree with what you are saying basically, but in regards to DREDD the movies you are wrong. Sure the way of live doesn't change radically but nevertheless, the LOOK and FEEL of it does change and is most important for a visual medium like a movie.
No, I'm not wrong. You know why? Because no one seems to be remembering that the world of Judge Dredd went through a nuclear-fucking-apocalypse. The entire population of the East Coast isn't crowded into Mega City one because of a cheap cost of living, it's because everywhere else is a radioactive wasteland. On top of that massive automation has left most of the population unemployed.
Very true.

So.....shouldn't it look a bit differnent from todays world? I am not sure I get what you are trying to say here since that was basically my one small critique of the movie. It didn't look like a world after nuclear holocaust etc. etc. etc.
You did see the bit outside the city right, the part that would be somewhere east of the Mississippi yet looked like Death Valley? And the huge walls keeping people from walking to their doom.

It didn't look like I would want to live out side of those walls... or in them for that matter.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.