Driving Pet Peeves

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Driving Pet Peeves

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Cars, they're everywhere! Some of us here might even drive them. ;) Here's a thread to vent about idiots on the road.

Me, when some fucking moron decides, "That large mound of snow and/or ice on the roof? I'll just drive with it there. Nothing but good can come of it!" And then you're stuck behind said moron...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Drivine Pet Peeves

Post by Mikey »

In fact, in New Jersey the law requires you to clean the snow and ice off of your car before driving. Not that it always happens...

My weather-related driving pet peeve is the morons who think they can drive like Speed Racer in bad weather conditions simply because they have a four-wheel-drive vehicle. News flash, idiots: 4x4 doesn't help you stop.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Idiots who don't seem to realise that those little orange plastic things on the corners of cars have lights behind them, let alone that there are times when they're meant to be used.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I like the idiots who decide they need at least twenty get in front of them at a stop light or stop sign. That gap is needed for what? Aliens? Terrorists?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:In fact, in New Jersey the law requires you to clean the snow and ice off of your car before driving. Not that it always happens...
We have that law, too. And like in New Jersey, it's ignored more often than not.
My weather-related driving pet peeve is the morons who think they can drive like Speed Racer in bad weather conditions simply because they have a four-wheel-drive vehicle. News flash, idiots: 4x4 doesn't help you stop.
Ah, yes. That's pretty stupid.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:Idiots who don't seem to realise that those little orange plastic things on the corners of cars have lights behind them, let alone that there are times when they're meant to be used.
Amen.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Ever notice how some cars take left turns (or turns crossing the opposite lane) how some people take their time making it as if going past 1MPH might tip the car over?

Or the assholes who badger you about how slow you are going (usually I am doing the speed limit or more) so they pass you and turns out they will do the same speed you do even if the road is clear for them to go into the sunset.

I also enjoy the drivers you ride their brakes. Testing them to see if they can fail I guess.

Turn signals bug all of us I think but I enjoy those who use it at the last second while they are turning. It is as pointless as not using them but hell in their minds they used them.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

McAvoy wrote:Ever notice how some cars take left turns (or turns crossing the opposite lane) how some people take their time making it as if going past 1MPH might tip the car over?
As someone who's recently started having to drive that way (or turn slower) due to a past accident/previous issues my fiancé who i often drive with is sensitive to high speed movement/jostling hence slow careful turns.

I saw someone today doing lipstick, it made me so mad I dropped my razor in my lap, which spilled my coffee and shorted out my phone!
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I don't mind if you turn slowly. It's not using your fucking turn signals that pisses me off.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Me too. However I don't like drivers who think they have all the time in the world to move their car at a green light or a stop sign.

I am so used to using them that even at sharp turns in the road I automatically use them.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Pennsylvania allows right turn on red. People that don't turn...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

So does NJ unless it is said no turn on red.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The list on this front could be ENDLESS.

People who speed up when you attempt to overtake them.
People who jump the queue down a two lane road and then attempt to cut into the slower lane at the last minute.
People who deliberately move into the middle of the road when I'm on my bike to stop progress.
People who pull out in front of you when joining the motorway at about 25mph.
People who put fog/high beam lights on when there's a spot of light drizzle.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

People who drive 15 below the speed limit for no reason and they are not old.

People who drive like they are the only ones who have to be somewhere. As in driving in and out of traffic and riding on your ass.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Idiots who still use their fucking phones, despite it being illegal. And yes, I have almost been involved in some accidents with those fuckheads.