What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby IanKennedy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Mikey wrote:Such as, the contextual definition of the word “jerk.”

Something to do with ice cream, surely.
email, ergo spam
User avatar
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5293
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:28 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby Captain Seafort » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Mikey wrote:Such as, the contextual definition of the word “jerk.”


Something all genetically engineered subspace whales should know.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
User avatar
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 15478
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby Mikey » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:32 pm

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mikey wrote:Such as, the contextual definition of the word “jerk.”


Something all genetically engineered subspace whales should know.


Unless they have magical headbands.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 
Posts: 35635
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: down the shore, New Jersey, USA

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby Graham Kennedy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:55 pm

Mikey wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
Mikey wrote:Such as, the contextual definition of the word “jerk.”


Something all genetically engineered subspace whales should know.


Unless they have magical headbands.


That don't really work.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
User avatar
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11129
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:28 pm
Location: Banbury, UK

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:40 pm

I am now on vacation for seven days. It's my, "Oh Godd I survived another retail holiday season!" vacation.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 11689
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby Bryan Moore » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:16 am

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I am now on vacation for seven days. It's my, "Oh Godd I survived another retail holiday season!" vacation.


Congrats! What are you doing for vacation?

That's a distribution thing, too. All the upper managers tend to take a week off in January everywhere I've been. I would but I save my vacation days for NASCAR season and have a few long weekends throughout the year. I'm on admin leave now, so no holiday clusterfark for me this year.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
User avatar
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2728
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:39 am
Location: Perpetual Summer Camp

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby Mikey » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:47 pm

When I was selling trucks, I was trying to arrange a visit to the GM medium-duty production facility in Flint, MI, only to be told that the plant closes for the three weeks before Christmas. Why before Christmas? As I found out, it was due to the opening of Michigan’s deer season.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 
Posts: 35635
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: down the shore, New Jersey, USA

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Bryan Moore wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I am now on vacation for seven days. It's my, "Oh Godd I survived another retail holiday season!" vacation.


Congrats! What are you doing for vacation?

That's a distribution thing, too. All the upper managers tend to take a week off in January everywhere I've been. I would but I save my vacation days for NASCAR season and have a few long weekends throughout the year. I'm on admin leave now, so no holiday clusterfark for me this year.

This is mostly rest and relaxation, with getting some chores/projects done around the house that I couldn't get to during the holiday season.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 11689
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby Bryan Moore » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:17 pm

Mikey wrote:When I was selling trucks, I was trying to arrange a visit to the GM medium-duty production facility in Flint, MI, only to be told that the plant closes for the three weeks before Christmas. Why before Christmas? As I found out, it was due to the opening of Michigan’s deer season.


Somehow this doesn't surprise me in the least - the deer season thing is new to me, but when I was with Dollar Tree Distribution, our buyers would use the few weeks before Christmas to cut deals on little remaining inventory, as the (very) few American manufacturers we'd buy from went quiet, as their production lines were at a virtual crawl in December, getting ready for the next year's products to get manufactured. And based on where some of those were located (Tennessee, Michigan, Ohio), probably some prime hunting territories.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
User avatar
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2728
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:39 am
Location: Perpetual Summer Camp

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby Reliant121 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:18 pm

Mikey wrote:Such as, the contextual definition of the word “jerk.”


I sincerely hope he has grown up somewhat.

I remember being rather supportive of him at the time but it was precocious, trusting nature of youth. I was barely a teenager at the time I suppose.

Now an adult and twice as cynical as I should be for my age :worried:
"He was the best of us. They struck without provocation, there was no reason. Animals! Brutal! They deserve no mercy! Strike them down, follow them back to their base and kill all of them, all of them! No mercy!" - Delenn
User avatar
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 12256
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Reliant121 wrote:
Mikey wrote:Such as, the contextual definition of the word “jerk.”


I sincerely hope he has grown up somewhat.

I remember being rather supportive of him at the time but it was precocious, trusting nature of youth. I was barely a teenager at the time I suppose.

Now an adult and twice as cynical as I should be for my age :worried:

We were all so young and trusting then. :D
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 11689
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby Angharrad » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:57 pm

Mikey wrote:When I was selling trucks, I was trying to arrange a visit to the GM medium-duty production facility in Flint, MI, only to be told that the plant closes for the three weeks before Christmas. Why before Christmas? As I found out, it was due to the opening of Michigan’s deer season.


Have a friend who grew up in Pennsylvania, first day of hunting season was a school holiday.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.


From Slave to Princess
User avatar
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 1972
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 1:24 am
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Today's the last day of my vacation. I don't wanna go back to work. :P
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 11689
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby Bryan Moore » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Happy Groundhog Day
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
User avatar
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2728
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:39 am
Location: Perpetual Summer Camp

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Postby Bryan Moore » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Happy Groundhog Day
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
User avatar
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2728
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:39 am
Location: Perpetual Summer Camp

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Community

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest