What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Mikey wrote:
Angharrad wrote:I was online looking for tickets to a hockey game. I wanted Sabres vs. Rangers at Madison Square Garden. I was in a bit of rush because I had a $40 coupon that was expiring that week so I wasn't looking at the tickets as closely as I should have, I bought the ticket and when I got the e-mail I realized I had bought a ticket for Sabres vs Rangers at First Niagara Center. In Buffalo. :bangwall:
How's this for a dilemma - I was offered a ticket for Rutgers at Ohio State. In Columbus.
In retrospect, you might have been lucky to have been spared a first-hand view of the, er... somewhat less than inspiring outcome for the Scarlet Knights (assuming you didn't go). :takecover:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Finally out of China, worst internet ever, slow and most things are blocked. In Korean now flying to Miami tomorrow.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Safe travels, Teaos!
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Angharrad wrote:I was online looking for tickets to a hockey game. I wanted Sabres vs. Rangers at Madison Square Garden. I was in a bit of rush because I had a $40 coupon that was expiring that week so I wasn't looking at the tickets as closely as I should have, I bought the ticket and when I got the e-mail I realized I had bought a ticket for Sabres vs Rangers at First Niagara Center. In Buffalo. :bangwall:
Oh, that sucks.

Any chance of a refund or exchange?
I bought it from a second party resale site so no. I can either use it or try to sell it myself.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well you might get money back for it
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Ah, sorry. :(
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Ah, sorry. :(
Eh, it'll be o.k.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

From Slave to Princess
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Leaving Florida on way through Panama. I forgot how much I hate humidity.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

God, today sucked. If I may rant a bit...

I started getting a bad headache around noontime, not helped by the new guy calling out for the second day in a row. Great way to start![/sarcasm]A fellow associate who called me lazy even though I'm twice as fast as her, stood in the middle of the door to the back while I was rolling to her, leading a customer to tarps. I told her to move since we were about to collide and she still hadn't moved and acted like I was evil. Later on after loading the FedEx truck I was wrapping the final pallet when I knocked my head into a steel bar. I dropped to one knee for a few minutes because any movement and my stomach and head went in two different directions. My supervisor Roxeanne asked me if I needed an ambulance and since we've worked together a while, I also knew she wasn't joking.And at the bank, even though there was no one being waited on, I still had to wait over five minutes for a teller because... I don't know why. But yeah, this was not a good day for me.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain

Post by Angharrad »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:God, today sucked. If I may rant a bit...

I started getting a bad headache around noontime, not helped by the new guy calling out for the second day in a row. Great way to start![/sarcasm]A fellow associate who called me lazy even though I'm twice as fast as her, stood in the middle of the door to the back while I was rolling to her, leading a customer to tarps. I told her to move since we were about to collide and she still hadn't moved and acted like I was evil. Later on after loading the FedEx truck I was wrapping the final pallet when I knocked my head into a steel bar. I dropped to one knee for a few minutes because any movement and my stomach and head went in two different directions. My supervisor Roxeanne asked me if I needed an ambulance and since we've worked together a while, I also knew she wasn't joking.And at the bank, even though there was no one being waited on, I still had to wait over five minutes for a teller because... I don't know why. But yeah, this was not a good day for me.
:cry:

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Angharrad wrote:

Thank you. Today, simply by dint of no head injuries, has gone vastly better.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain

Post by Angharrad »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Angharrad wrote:

Thank you. Today, simply by dint of no head injuries, has gone vastly better.
Yeah Wednesday I fell going down some stairs, went sideways and banged my head on the steel hand bar.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Angharrad wrote: Yeah Wednesday I fell going down some stairs, went sideways and banged my head on the steel hand bar.
I know that pain all too well.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Awesome. Watching live the first National Football League daytime game in London. 80,000 spectators in Wembley Stadium holding up colored cards to make an American flag symbol during the performance of "The Star-Spangled Banner" - which lyrics were penned about an event in a war fought by the U.S. against England. #ironic?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:Awesome. Watching live the first National Football League daytime game in London. 80,000 spectators in Wembley Stadium holding up colored cards to make an American flag symbol during the performance of "The Star-Spangled Banner" - which lyrics were penned about an event in a war fought by the U.S. against England. #ironic?
That does read pretty cool. :)