What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Angharrad »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:The waking up afterwards is the thing that is worrying me, but thanks sure it'll be fine.
That was my biggest worry when I was going in for surgery. Must be kind of a normal worry. Hope everything works out for you.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

*Sigh* I hate the sun setting so early, but it's about the time I start work. So why does it still depress me so?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Lack of vitamin D?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

So my bathtub is filling up each day through the drain. Tonight I am going to put my jar of pennies on top of stopper and see what happens. Either my neighbor is going to have a fun day or I am.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Praeothmin »

McAvoy wrote:So my bathtub is filling up each day through the drain. Tonight I am going to put my jar of pennies on top of stopper and see what happens. Either my neighbor is going to have a fun day or I am.
Will that not be a "drain" on your economy?
At least your life isn't boring, it's full of change...
The best way to watch what happens is to leave the bathroom door a-jar...

:laughroll:
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Teaos wrote:Lack of vitamin D?
Probably. It's just depressing to see it barely 4 PM around here and dusk already. I can't wait for the Winter Solstice, I guess.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Praeothmin wrote:
McAvoy wrote:So my bathtub is filling up each day through the drain. Tonight I am going to put my jar of pennies on top of stopper and see what happens. Either my neighbor is going to have a fun day or I am.
Will that not be a "drain" on your economy?
At least your life isn't boring, it's full of change...
The best way to watch what happens is to leave the bathroom door a-jar...

:laughroll:
Cute. Anyway it didnt work. The water pushed the jar of pennies to the side which is surprising since it has to weigh at least 20 pounds.

Its probably a broken pipe outside somewhere.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Freezing water bust the pipes?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It hasn't gotten that cold yet. My only theory is that one of the downed trees from the snow storm or the hurricane may have damaged the pipes.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

So today was the range xmas party and we decided to make a day of it. I finally got my daughter to fire our 9mm carbine, rapid fire. I wish I had a pic of her grin!

And a dude showed up with an XCR-L, a rifle I've had my eye on for a while but keep choking over the price. He let me handle and fire it and it was utterly fantastic. Even Val likes it, so I see a purchase in the near future.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Aaron wrote:So today was the range xmas party and we decided to make a day of it. I finally got my daughter to fire our 9mm carbine, rapid fire. I wish I had a pic of her grin!

And a dude showed up with an XCR-L, a rifle I've had my eye on for a while but keep choking over the price. He let me handle and fire it and it was utterly fantastic. Even Val likes it, so I see a purchase in the near future.
Awesome. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

I was asked to work with the Forest Rangers doing recovery work for Hurricane Sandy so I've been putting in 12 hour days. They keep thanking me for helping and the GREAT job I'm doing. 8)
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The more complicated the gun the deadlier it gets?

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well, the more unreliable it is. Usually.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Usually? That sounds interesting - does it imply that there have been times when "more complicated" has not equalled "less reliable", even if it's only by a small degree?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.