What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by McAvoy »

And what was that?

Tricycle doesn't respond to his name since he has had so many.

It sucks because I am a dog guy and didnt like cats and now I got two. I am stuck with them till they die and I am sure the fat fluffy retarded one will live till he is 40.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Can you feel the love tonight...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Oddly, I used to love cats, but am now a certified dog person.

...And, now I have two of my ex-girlfriend's cats living in my garage. she asked me to take care of them for a few weeks... a month ago. I'm starting to think I now have two cats. I don't even know the grey one's name. :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

"Dogfood"

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I love cats, not so good with dogs. Bad experiences with dogs on several occasions.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:"Dogfood"
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Oddly, I used to love cats, but am now a certified dog person.

...And, now I have two of my ex-girlfriend's cats living in my garage. she asked me to take care of them for a few weeks... a month ago. I'm starting to think I now have two cats. I don't even know the grey one's name. :?

Sounds like you have two cats now. Keep them or hope to God that someone you know will take them in.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'll keep them. Conveniently, I have been having a rat problem due to construction nearby tearing up a few hundred acres of woodland; now I can put the rat traps in the attic, and leave the holes in the garage to the cats.

I like to be as pragmatic as possible.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Unless they have been raised to be hunters cats don't usually attack small animals.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I gotta say i dont think thats right. House cats kill billions of birds and small animals every year. Even well feed house cats do it just for shits and giggles. It would have to be a big rat to scare off a cat. Starve them a bit and you'll see what they can do.

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

The first day of Spring here in the northern hemisphere. *Looks out window* I need to kill that damned groundhog. :P
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yeah, we had a housecat, even declawed, and the motherfucker went ninja on birds and mice any time we let him outside. Seriously, watched the badass bicycle kick a bird out of the sky one day. He was well fed, he just did it because he could.

I'm an animal person. I've got fish, had and loved dogs, cats, and the worlds most badass turtle. Birds, small rodents, lizards, I like them all. My wife hates it because any trip to the pet store for fish supplies inevitably turns into a "Come on, wouldn't they be fun?" with half a dozen different animals.

The only thing really stopping me is that my son is ridiculously allergic to dogs and my second daughter breaks out in hives if you even say the word cat around her.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Tyyr wrote:...and the worlds most badass turtle...
Raphael?
Teaos wrote:I gotta say i dont think thats right. House cats kill billions of birds and small animals every year. Even well feed house cats do it just for shits and giggles. It would have to be a big rat to scare off a cat. Starve them a bit and you'll see what they can do.
Indeed. My cat was well fed and very much a people-cat. Yet I would often return home to find he had left me a little "present" in the form of a bird or a mouse. He once left a bird in my bedroom for me. When we found it, it was still alive barely, and we looked after it until it was able to fly again.

In fact one of my neighbours actively discouraged him from killing small animals, by chucking water over him whenever she caught him doing so. Yet he continued to do so.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

No but he could have been a ninja turtle. Pretty much everything in the books we read about keeping turtles didn't apply. The books said he'd want a small place to swim but most of his 20 gallon tank should be gravel. Wrong. He'd almost never leave the water, so we kept putting more and more water until we just leveled it out like a fish tank and put in one decoration that gave him a spot only about 3" in diameter out of the water. He was only 2" in diameter. We only filled the tank up half way so there was a good 4 to 6" of empty space over the water. Mind you, this is a 2" turtle. He regularly got out of that tank and would be crawling across the dining room table when we found him. We figured we could put some fish into the tank to give him something to interact with. We made sure to get fish bigger than he was. Well his idea of interacting was to fucking eat them. The first night. The next day we get up and the only thing in the tank was him and a single fish head floating in the water. Somehow he'd managed to eat three fish bigger than himself.

Six months after we got him we took him back where we found him and released him back into the wild. I fear for what we unleashed on that poor creek.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, that's what happens when you try to make a pet of a baby alligator snapper. :lol:

Seriously, there are pets that are just like that. I once had a betta that I watched take a deer fly right out of the air.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer