What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tsukiyumi wrote:In other news, though this may be premature, I've been seeing a girl I met at school. What an awesome month. :)
Alright, Tsuki. :)
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Voted. Watching the results roll in. Not many surprises at the State level, in my state anyway. Though we'll see how the local elections go.

At a National level things are looking like it might be close.

EDIT: Ok. Maybe what's going on is that urban areas tend to vote democrat and urban areas might be able to get their results in first. Then the rural Republican votes trickle in later. It looks like there are going to be some shocks to the system where I am.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

No cavities, which means it's a good start to the weekend.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

My second wisdom tooth is erupting and it's so bloody painful. It's at an angle that COULD indicate its impacted but im not 100% sure. I hesitate to get an appointment with a dentist as I'll be waiting for 12 years.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Reliant121 wrote:My second wisdom tooth is erupting and it's so bloody painful. It's at an angle that COULD indicate its impacted but im not 100% sure. I hesitate to get an appointment with a dentist as I'll be waiting for 12 years.
Why? Will hesitating somehow reduce the wait time?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

It may not be a necessity either; I'd rather only go if its necessary and the pain is subsiding significantly as its erupting. Wanna wait and see if it comes through okay before going to them. I'm really not good with toothy things, especially extractions. :(
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Yeah, teeth can be troublesome. It seems no matter how well you take care of them, it's never quite good enough.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Mexico... Never though I would miss Alaska. Unbearably hot.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:Mexico... Never though I would miss Alaska. Unbearably hot.
Yeah, until you hit Patagonia, Latin America can be warm. Thought you might have twigged that.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

So, rolled out of bed at 10:30 last night and proceeded to be thoroughly sick right there. Later on, repeat. Now I'm feeling better and wondering if I could've done a half-day at work. Then I remember the last time I tried to 'power through' being sick like that and realize it was far better to stay at home.

Besides, now I can watch the new dub of Sailor Moon. :D
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I have written about my bother and his crazy wife a few times already. Well as of Saturday, my brother's wife died of an apparent heroin overdose. According to the police records (and her cop brother who got more involved and didn't like his sister), they went to her apartment which was under my bother's name and my brother is living with my parents until everything settled down and he can get his own place.

Anyway, a neighbor called the police because she heard Jack the 1.5 year old, was crying nonstop for half an hour before she knocked on the door. No answer. She waited another half an hour with little Jack still crying before she realized something was wrong. Cops came and had to get Juilet to unlock the door (don't know why they couldn't get the apartment people to do it for them). They found her body in the bathroom obviously dead and over dosed.

Added details my brother heard later was that the door was locked only through the knob and not the deadbolt. She always locks both when she is inside no matter what. She was in the bathroom which meant she was doing heroin.

Once my brother left her because she was nuts, she acquired a boyfriend. Someone who paid the bills and probably fucked her in return. No big deal, but because he was long suspected to be part of the AA/NA group (those types of people usually hang out and date each other as they are like minded people) which meant he had drug connections. At the time we did not know if he or she was doing drugs. Of course with hindsight and the fact that we found out she was in fact doing drugs practically immediately after my brother left made a few oddball things she said make sense.

Anyway, the boyfriend was probably her supplier/fuck buddy. He was there at the scene as he probably left and only single locked it. He is under suspicion anyway due to other reports I am not aware of.

Jack was still being breast fed which means he will be going through withdrawal. Juliet saw her dead mother's body but she doesn't have the understanding of what happened yet. My brother will get the kids tomorrow.

My brother's wife's mother is blaming him (she is a milder form of crazy like her daughter). She thinks my brother killed her (as in stabbed her, she still refuses that her daughter does drugs). Let's keep in mind the seven years my brother was with her, he was the stabilizing effect on her and he never did drugs himself. He was supportive of her even when she seriously fucked up. The mother still thinks he is a shitbag, even though it was her daughter that held back my brother.

Here is the thing, it is recognized that with her gone, everything just became 1 million times better. She was already seriously damaging the children's development. Her 'friends' and environment was not a good place, but the fact is my brother just like all men are walking sperm donors. It takes murder for men to get primary custody (my brother has five feet thick stack of legal documents of how fucked up she was).

Now my brother calls the shots, has a stable home as my parents, specifically my mother can be a true mother figure to them.

Me personally, it sounds bad, but her being dead might be the best thing she has done. This way she won't drag her kids with her.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:My family has a snow thrower. Expect temps in New England and possibly the whole US east coast to be in the 70's all winter long. :P
The residents bordering Lake Erie want to have a word with you. :lol:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Angharrad wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:My family has a snow thrower. Expect temps in New England and possibly the whole US east coast to be in the 70's all winter long. :P
The residents bordering Lake Erie want to have a word with you. :lol:
I don't believe that's the East Coast, though. :P
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Buffalo Bills absolutely crushed the Jets last night.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

'twas a Jets no-show as much as a great performance by Buffalo. It's likely also the nail in (head coach) Rex Ryan's coffin.

Anyway, I've recently become an unlikely member of the smartphone carrying population. While I never got entirely comfortable with my previous basic/"dumb" phone I also was never exactly a heavy user. At first I thought I'd just stay the course when that two-year contract expired last month. The major carrier I was on (Verizon) had no cheaper plan than what I had, certainly none supporting data. However, last weekend I came across a plan only slightly more than what I paid before which I could take a smartphone of my choice into. Yes, it's prepaid and a limited data plan but I don't anticipate heavy data use either. Enter an ebay buy for a Galaxy S4, for just slightly more than the $300 that carrier offered a new S3 for. Now it's all working and my old number is ported to the new carrier (which uses the same Verizon network).

I figure, why not? The device itself replaces two devices with one, faster and more capable than either. Even for a light user there are all kinds of ways it can be handy.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who