What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Bryan Moore »

Hey all. Just seeing what everyone has been doing lately. I just moved out of home into a house with two fraternity brothers and a mutual friend. Still relatively close to home, but about 20 minutes closer to work each way. Nice situation, fun to be out on my own.

Plus, I've been watching The Next Generation in order, due to the lovely birthday gift of the complete series. Wonderful way to pass the time until February comes and our high def cable gets installed!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

How old are you? The reason I ask is because when I was sharing a student house when I was 18/21 we lived like pigs, but had a great time. Now I'm in my early thirties, If I lived a fortnight in the old style, I would probably die. When I meet up at weddings and such with my now largely sensible Uni mates, within hours we tend to revert to our old drunken, disgusting, slob habits. I don't think I could live with them now!
Thinking about it, I fell asleep in front of a Will Ferrell film with this theme a few weeks ago. Old School, I think it was called.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Not much happens in my life...the only major thing coming up is my SAT's exams.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Meh. Nothing really interesting happening in the land of leprechauns, lately. Been doing a fair bit of reading since Christmas, as virtualy everyone who knows me gives me books. Other than that, nothing much, just trying to get back to writing my stories and fantasising about throwing my students out the window.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Just sitting here wondering if the US is going to fall into another civil war.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I would hope not...It would destabilize the planet. And it would be unethical but thats a less relevant point.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ethics are irrelevant in the US.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ethics tend to take the back seat in any conflict.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

And the USA is just one big happy never ending conflict! Good to know. Anyone here read Mark of Chaos by Anthony Reynolds yet? Its a really good book.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Well I'm starting my 9th semester of college. yay.... :|
Just got back from Hawaii, which was a lot of awesome fun. Great Pineapple.
Have a movie on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Lewis-Clark-Trail ... 539&sr=8-1
Been trying to get back into WoW a little bit but its just a lot of work for a little bit of fun. So I've moved back to playing movie battles ( www.moviebattles.com ) . Its a fun, original conversion for Jedi Knight Academy.
And this year's harsh winter is really really really really really sucking. I've missed a lot of days of work and school (including today) because of it.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Doing some exams this week, getting a new internet, just bought a £450 laptop for mobile computing, managed to get my university applications in 5 days early! 8)

So now just waiting for university replies, an exam tomorrow and Monday (general studies which I couldn't give a sh1t about, and then physics, which is what I'm taking at uni, so I do :wink: ). Enjoying life as being [legally] able to drink, though I have managed to bankrupt myself; spent about £300 in the last 2 months going out.

Looking forward to the life of student loans and grants :wink:
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tomorrow's my last day of a much-needed vacation. I'm rewatching all my old anime series, too. Currently on Princess Nine. :)
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

How about Cowboy Bebop?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Hehe, dude, that's... I just finished that anime last night, seriously! :D
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That's some quality stuff. I'm a bit envious, honestly.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939