What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by McAvoy »

I find the whole concept odd. Sex change is one thing but the whole Chakat thing is weird.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Would that be a sex change to both? Add A Sex, sounds like a slogan......
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I think its just a outlet for introverted bisexual honestly.

Basically he was just young and stubborn. If he was on here now I bet he would be fine. He is odd, but for 80% of his time here he was fine. He just had typical teenage arrogance and wouldnt back down on anything.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I came to work today in the middle of about the 50th major snowstorm of this winter. I must be either tough or dumb.

I'm also manning the shop on my own this week, while the store owner takes some time off. Hours have been shaved a bit for my sake and I'll get Saturday free too but it's still a longer week than I usually get. Happily, the store hasn't burned down, been shut down by the Feds or otherwise been besmirched on my watch. SO far.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I went to work today as well. I'm gonna go kill the groundhog.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

My new phone has a bad keyboard. I mean I have a Galaxy S3, but I have issues with it. My last phone was great.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Whats bad about it?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The autocorrect is too autocorrecty as it thinks I am writing in a different language altogether. My last phone had a decent autocorrect in it.

The keyboard is also slightly off. Like all the buttons shifted slightly to the right which is odd.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

If you are willing to pay for it, I'd buy Swiftkey in the android market. I've yet to find a manufacturer standard keyboard, be it Android's own or the handset maker's, that beats it. Nor do I find the iPhone or Windows Phone keyboards rival it. Blackberry's new OS keyboard comes close but that means having a new Blackberry which is...no.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Well my week of work alone is over. The biggest problem was simply boredom: though I was required to keep the shop open for business, there wasn't much of that. It was dead all week. On the other hand, you usually don't get paid for sitting around feeling bored!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Well, boredom's not the worst thing that could've happened, CPH. ;)
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Well I just got my first (and hopefully not last) acceptance letter to Grad School, I'm officially not screwed when I graduate in May!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Whilst my nephews and nieces are away for the weekend, I figured I'd get their bedrooms moved about and sorted, as they've all been in one room for the last few days.

However, due to my ineptness when it comes to DIY, I halted midway last night as I was making a tremendous amount of noise, and didn't want to annoy the neighbours.

I decided to continue this morning, and although it may have been a complete accident, I succeeded in taking the bunk bed apart (albeit being attacked by numerous pieces of metal because when I took the last screw out, the whole thing collapsed on me).

I'll attempt to put it together in the new room tomorrow, but I have little hope of success.

Lt. Staplic wrote:Well I just got my first (and hopefully not last) acceptance letter to Grad School, I'm officially not screwed when I graduate in May!
Congratulations :)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Well I just got my first (and hopefully not last) acceptance letter to Grad School, I'm officially not screwed when I graduate in May!
Woohoo! It's good to have options.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Congratulations! :D