What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by McAvoy »

2 he delay here. We got maybe an inch. The delay was a good thing for me. I forgot to set my alarm clock and woke up late.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Everything is covered in ice here; my oak tree's branches are bent down to the ground in my backyard, covered with 4-inch icicles.

And I have an appointment for major dental surgery today to remove all of my top teeth. This is going to be tons of fun, driving around in this shit. No salt for roads here.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Ah, dang. Sorry, guys. Now I'm feel more than a little guilty...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

New computer coming in. It's refurbished desktop. It's good for what I need and a decent interim computer until I have money to buy a brand new one. Now I just have to fix the monitor I have.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
And I have an appointment for major dental surgery today to remove all of my top teeth.
Whoa. What happened that you need that?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

sunnyside wrote:Whoa. What happened that you need that?
I keep getting abscesses and other infections. A lot of the top ones had broken off; fallen apart. With only maybe four good teeth left, a denture was the way to go, since I can't afford implants. Hell, I haven't been able to afford to even see the dentist for about 20 years.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

My brother's teeth are like that too. Odd though he is poor as shit but has a great dental plan yet I am too rich to have what he has but too poor to afford my own dental plan. Though really, my teeth are fine, I just would like a cleaning.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mine started falling apart about the same time my pancreas started malfunctioning; I suspect the two are related.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Man, my mother had a medical test scheduled, but the prep for it made her so sick she had to cancel it.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Finally after five months I may be getting somewhere with my homeless situation. It'll still likely be a month or so, at the least, but it's a step forward :)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Man, my mother had a medical test scheduled, but the prep for it made her so sick she had to cancel it.
Jeez. Medicine isn't what it could be, is it?

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:Finally after five months I may be getting somewhere with my homeless situation. It'll still likely be a month or so, at the least, but it's a step forward :)
Man, glad to hear that. It's about the worst situation a modern human can find themselves in. I only got out of it because my grandparents caved and co-signed an apartment. Good luck, man.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Man, glad to hear that. It's about the worst situation a modern human can find themselves in. I only got out of it because my grandparents caved and co-signed an apartment. Good luck, man.
Cheers. I've been officially homeless and living nomadically for a decade now, due to mental health meaning it is hard for me to "integrate" into society and feel able to settle. I am fine with one or two people I feel close to (I've had a few relationships, the longest being three years), but most of the communication I make is online with the majority of people.

I've finally started getting proper help from the mental health team, who are helping with getting housed and some form of income.

Fingers crossed :)
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Man, my mother had a medical test scheduled, but the prep for it made her so sick she had to cancel it.
Has she had to remain in hospital? Or are they rescheduling? Either way, all the best to her.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Thanks, tindarin and Tsuki. She's better, now. Even went to work today.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

I decided to make mac-n-cheese since it's raining here, but I then I discovered I don't have the ingredients. :evil:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Did you make the perilous trek for the sacred ingredients for the magic mac-n-cheese?