What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Reliant121 »

I've been in my new job for....2 months now I think? I am beginning to understand it! It's a very very VERY different thing than banking for normal people, I work in Invoice Discounting for businesses. It's fun, considerably better paid and I have a really good relationship with named clients.

Striker is that an inspection for the car?
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Reliant121 wrote:I've been in my new job for....2 months now I think? I am beginning to understand it! It's a very very VERY different thing than banking for normal people, I work in Invoice Discounting for businesses. It's fun, considerably better paid and I have a really good relationship with named clients.

I'm going to imagine he schedule an inspection for himself.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Reliant121 wrote:I've been in my new job for....2 months now I think? I am beginning to understand it! It's a very very VERY different thing than banking for normal people, I work in Invoice Discounting for businesses. It's fun, considerably better paid and I have a really good relationship with named clients.

Congrats on the understanding. I've been working at mine for 11 years and I still don't get half of what I do. ;)

And yeah, for my car. Also gotta renew my license but I can do that online. But I apparently need a printer for that, so I'm gonna do it at my dad's house.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Got the new Galaxy S5
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:Got the new Galaxy S5
I'm so sorry, there are things you can get to treat that you know. :)
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Yeah... I know.

It came with the Madden too... Very addicting. Well to me.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Things are looking fine on my new 25 inch monitor. It's 1080p resolution is the same as the 23 inch device it replaced; technically the image wouldn't be quite as sharp. But as I don't have the eyes of a hawk it does make text easier to read. With Windows I sync the same 1080p wallpaper with my laptop (which has a full HD screen itself).

Perhaps it was a bit of an impetuous move but I'm prone to that from time to time. Anyway, ebay-ing my old one will bring back some of the outlay and my overall savings rate remains good in the long run.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Impetuousness isn't entirely bad. ;)

Car passed inspection and I'm ready for winter! Come at me, Old man!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

92 year old grandmother tripped and broke her nose in two places because 96 year old grandfather left out his shoes. She is fine and he is fine. Obviously framed out.

Here is the thing. My parents have a reputation if not contacting me on anything in this day and age. I mean they know I have a constant contact with the outside world through smart phone. But yet even to this day I get the last minute info from my cousins.

It is bullshit. I live literally 10 minutes from my grandparents closer than anybody and I will drop what I am doing too but nobody contacts me.

Oh and the clincher? I am the grandparents favorite.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I'm glad they're alright, at least. Ouch...
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

I was online looking for tickets to a hockey game. I wanted Sabres vs. Rangers at Madison Square Garden. I was in a bit of rush because I had a $40 coupon that was expiring that week so I wasn't looking at the tickets as closely as I should have, I bought the ticket and when I got the e-mail I realized I had bought a ticket for Sabres vs Rangers at First Niagara Center. In Buffalo. :bangwall:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Angharrad wrote:I was online looking for tickets to a hockey game. I wanted Sabres vs. Rangers at Madison Square Garden. I was in a bit of rush because I had a $40 coupon that was expiring that week so I wasn't looking at the tickets as closely as I should have, I bought the ticket and when I got the e-mail I realized I had bought a ticket for Sabres vs Rangers at First Niagara Center. In Buffalo. :bangwall:
Oh, that sucks.

Any chance of a refund or exchange?
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I'm glad they're alright, at least. Ouch...
They are fine. Grandma has very bad eyesight. Lacks 3D vision.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Angharrad wrote:I was online looking for tickets to a hockey game. I wanted Sabres vs. Rangers at Madison Square Garden. I was in a bit of rush because I had a $40 coupon that was expiring that week so I wasn't looking at the tickets as closely as I should have, I bought the ticket and when I got the e-mail I realized I had bought a ticket for Sabres vs Rangers at First Niagara Center. In Buffalo. :bangwall:
How's this for a dilemma - I was offered a ticket for Rutgers at Ohio State. In Columbus.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I'm glad they're alright, at least. Ouch...
They are fine. Grandma has very bad eyesight. Lacks 3D vision.
Well, that's good. :)