I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

mwhittington; my congratulations.
Blackstar; my condolences.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Oh blast, I'm being insensitive!
I do feel for you, Blackstar.
Oh and congratulations mwhittington on your soon to be born
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Sorry to hear, Blackstar. :(
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Thanks all, so much. I truely am blessed. Blackstar, I feel for you. I hope you're doing okay.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I was driving to school on Wednesday and I lost control of my Cavalier. I'm not sure how. I blinked, and my car was going sideways along the road. I blinked again and I saw snow blowing all around the windows and my windshield wipers were being torn off. I realized I was upside down and as my car flipped a second time the back window compleatly shattered and the rightside of the front windshield spiderwebbed.

As far as I can figure my front tires hit a piece of ice or something and I came off the road. When I hit the snow it flipped my car and I rode on my roof for a few meters and flipped at least two more times.

Most of my personal effects survived intact. Some papers were damaged, but my hat, a picture I was proud of drawing, and my glasses and magenetic glasses survived without any damage. Oh, and I didn't get a scratch on me. No muscle trauma, no cuts, not even a bruise. The worst is a sore arm.

I got lucky a was flipping on snow, it's a lot more forgiving then dirt or concrete. The car is a loss, Front end is a bit twisted, roof is a little crushed from the slide, bent down on the righthand(passenger) side jamming both those doors. I'm pretty sure the frame is bent. Both side mirrors were torn off, the antenna is MIA, and the back window is totally shattered, front window has spiderwebbing on the right side. Considering we got it for about 1000 dollors and it lasted over two or three years, I think it did fairly well. The interior was pretty intact, minus the back window. Considering I came out without a scratch, I'd recommend this model for anyone. It would've probably survived had it not been such a harsh rollover.

I guess I'm lucky to not have a scratch, but if I was really lucky I wouldn't have crashed in the first place. So was I lucky or not then?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Holy crap! :shock:
Jeez, it's a miracle you got out of something like that without a scratch. Glad to hear you're alright.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

I think the ankle deep snow, though caused the actual rolling part of the roll over, may have helped cushen the impact. And I rolled on my side rather then end over end.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Dang, Blackstar! :shock: Also glad to hear you're not injured.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Wow. Thank G-d you're alright. No matter which axis you flip over, rolling a car is pretty dangerous business... although in my line of work I have heard similar things about other General Motors models.

2-3 years AND keeping you safe in a rollover, for $1000? That car doesn't owe you a thing.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

To be honest I feel like I owe the car a little. So what's wrong with General Motor cars that they roll over? And what line of work is that?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

No, I didn't mean that GM's flip over easily; in fact GM produces some of the only SUV's that aren't required by federal testing to have a roll-over warning. What I meant is that I've heard of people being in accidents in GM cars that even EMT's couldn't believe that they had as minor injuries as they did. The cars protect people well, that's all.

And I'm in auto sales.
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Awesomeness. Okay, I know what I'm looking for in my next car.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Awesomeness. Okay, I know what I'm looking for in my next car.
Just make sure it is a CAR and not an SUV. SUV's are rubbish. Rawr!

Glad to hear you're alright though, must have been scary. GM does make a good car, and although Toyota is putting on the pressure, I believe they're still the world's largest auto industry?
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I believe Toyota surpassed GM in 2006 as largest auto maker globally, but GM took it back in 2007.

And there are SUV's, and then there are SUV's. If you shop intelligently, you can find a vehicle that fits whatever needs you have. My old job was selling trucks up to 81,000-lbs. GVW, and let me tell you - engage the exhaust brake on an 8.1-liter diesel with a 12-speed transmission while you're on the highway, and people make room for you...
as Bull offed Custer