What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
shran
Commander
Commander

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by shran »

Teaos wrote:Keeping up Appearances.
I want to one-up that one with the spiritual middle english equivalent and quite obscure one, the book of Margery Kempe. It is basically the same plot, including the suffering husband, her endless rants, vicars shuddering at her sight, her emotional outbursts, her trying to fit in with the upper echelons of society and utterly failing, and so on. Ever since I found out that, I read the book as a comedy, rather than as a vita.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I don't want to to tote my own horn, but last night I ended up selling a certain guitar tuner part for $990. From where I found it, I can guess it being buried for 15 years, so I figure $990 profit.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Dude, you have FULL right to toot your own horn about that! :shock:

I had a rather satisfying day at work today. It was... nice. I felt like I accomplished something.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Dude, you have FULL right to toot your own horn about that! :shock:

I had a rather satisfying day at work today. It was... nice. I felt like I accomplished something.
To be clear because I had to retype the last post so it isn't that clear.

The tuners that was sold was from me cleaning out the garage which was buried under what I can assume from the 2001 Halloween Party cleaning. Give or take.

Generally things like that found after more than a decade is purr profit. Its like hunting for treasure. Yesterday my Dad sold a banged up guitar I found for $820. So yeah cleaning the garage is worth it. I also found two JBL 15" amp speakers and a small 8" JBL one. I am thinking these will sell fast.

Oh and on a side note, SkyNet hacked into my accounts. So I start posting about a General Zod helmet, and posting random shit like 'do you like tea' or 'what is your favorite breakfast' please ignore.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I've just received all the paperwork through the post and a contract which, once I've returned it, will confirm me a full time salaried job!
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Congrats, Reliant!
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Went back into the hospital last week. After 3+ month my cardiologist decided that stents are the way to go so I had to have another cardiac cath and had 2 stents put in. Procedure was supposed to take a hour and a half but took four hours because the arteries on my hears are wavy as opposed to relatively straight like a normal person's. The surgeon/doctor said that it was VERY hard going around all of the bends and that I (my heart) would be sore for a while because "we beat you up pretty good"... 2013 sucks...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I've been watching youtube videos of Pakistan, Sharia law, Londonistan, and Salman Rushdie, and I think I'm becoming radicalized against Islam. :?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I don't see that as much of a problem, so long as there's a line drawn between Islam and Individual Muslims.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I'm radically against all religious laws. Following the dictates of a religion should be a personal and voluntary choice.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I'm radically against all religious laws. Following the dictates of a religion should be a personal and voluntary choice.
I wholeheartedly agree. Religion has no place whatsoever in law or politics.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

And... now on vacation! For the next eleven days or so, too.
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Enjoy yourself RK, unwind a bit.

Sorry guys, religion has been a part of politics since man has concieved of politics. There is no getting away from it. As long as there are those that have a belief, it will influence their politics.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Vic wrote:Enjoy yourself RK, unwind a bit.

Sorry guys, religion has been a part of politics since man has concieved of politics. There is no getting away from it. As long as there are those that have a belief, it will influence their politics.
I don't want to make this into a big debate because after all religion and politics are not light weight topics. However, it has always been my observation that religion matches the person's views in life despite what heir holy book may say. It is those who have those strong views who are usually the ones who try to get their religion as a basis for law. The ones who have a healthy view of their religion as being not perfect and has alot flaws but still sees religion as something good, usually doesn't want religion in politics.

You could also make the case in terms of the educated vs. Uneducated.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Thanks, Vic. :) Might not be able to 'unwind' too much. Flying to California tomorrow. ;)