What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Mikey »

Well, if the thing was in good working order than you wouldn't have gotten any snow.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Curse my mother for trusting relatives, then. :P
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

First Antarctic cruise done. Very pretty. Saw a mile long ice been which was very pretty and about a million penguins and whales. Off to do it again.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Just found out my license is suspended because I failed to pay a $250 fine back in October. Well I did because I went to court for it because it was a fine against being while driving my car when the registration was expired. I took care of everything that day. Got my registration taken cared of. Paid the fines.

Now I have to do this all over again. Last time I spent two and half hours listening to shit music waiting to get my license unsuspended.

Even if this is a glitch I still have to be on a phone for two and half hours.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Curse my mother for trusting relatives, then. :P
I AM! :evil:

I mean, I would never curse your mother. that would be wrong. :whistle:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

The second half of winter hasn't been as bad as snow goes for NY as places farther north in New England, though it's still been damned cold. However, that cold may have been enough to cause havoc at the workshop here. I'm working the shop alone this week to cover for the owner who's taking some time off, and arrived Monday to have no running water. Once it returned that afternoon there's been a bad leak from under the toilet. The shop shares a building with two other stores, which haven't had any leaks. Nevertheless, there's a possibility of pipe damage to consider.

In other news, it appears Striker may be getting a raise: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/upsho ... -wage.html
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

My co-worker, who grew up in Buffalo, who I have learned if he says, "It's not that cold out." I will freeze, came back from a meeting and said: "It's mind-numbing cold out." I am scared to leave my office now. :worried:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Swath yourself in layers, Angharrad! Head to toe!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Vikings season 3 began an hour ago, and Black Sails is two eps into season 2. Mikey is in a happy TV place.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I'm off for the weekend, my week covering the shop done. I could have wished for a bit more traffic to keep me occupied; most of my day Friday I ended up making up stuff to do just to keep occupied. Toilet was a false alarm too (nothing more serious than a bit of a backed up sewer that cleared in a couple of days)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Mikey wrote:Vikings season 3 began an hour ago, and Black Sails is two eps into season 2. Mikey is in a happy TV place.
Four episodes for Black Sails as of today and five as of tonight right?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yep, last night's was S2/Ep 5 and it was a doozy!
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Turns out that the $250 fine wasn't a glitch but a DMV insurance surcharge fine I have to pay for three years. Well I paid it last week but my license wasn't reinstated quickly enough when I drove home last night. I got pulled over because the license plate was being partially blocked. Specifically the New Jersey part of it.

So I got hit with driving with a suspended license. Whoopie do da. Happy birthday to me
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

This seems incredibly inefficient...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Reliant121 wrote:This seems incredibly inefficient...
I think so too. But in NJ when you have your license suspended, you pay the $100 fee and then have to wait 7-10 days for the paperwork saying you can drive. Technically by the time that envelope leaves the DMV you are good to drive. Obviously they wouldn't send the letter out before you are reinstated.

So I got fucked by bad timing.

My cousin has a lawyer friend who is convinced he can get it reduced. Just $150 fee for his trouble.

So there is that.

I do love my phantom bills.