What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Ah, sorry. Yeah, I am lucky to own these DVDs.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

My wife is pregnant with our 3rd daughter, Heidi. Official due date is Feb. 5th, but our other 2(Bethany and Ashley) were born 2 weeks early, so it could be any day now. I'm as happy as Roseanne Barr in a buffet line!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

congrats on the 3rd daughter mwhittington, made me do an "aw" haha. :D

Whats new? Hmm. Settling for a life of simplicity i suppose. Loathed university, so stuffed it. Not wasting £3070 for a half senile ex-welsh politician to tell me about how maggie thatcher cried on him in 1980 something, when its meant to be a journalism lesson. (For the record, dont let your child go to chester uni, you parents)

therefor, Im plugging away every hour i can get at work, doin about 39/week at the moment, with sundays being 1.5X pay :D . Otherwise just been delving into metal alot more often, and trying to relax because like most young men my age, im BLOODY BROKE! :-D Cmon january payday
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Also, my congrats, mwhittington. *Raises glass in toast*

That sucks, metalhead. yeesh, sounds like a downright bore, there.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Enkidu wrote:How old are you? The reason I ask is because when I was sharing a student house when I was 18/21 we lived like pigs, but had a great time. Now I'm in my early thirties, If I lived a fortnight in the old style, I would probably die. When I meet up at weddings and such with my now largely sensible Uni mates, within hours we tend to revert to our old drunken, disgusting, slob habits. I don't think I could live with them now!
Thinking about it, I fell asleep in front of a Will Ferrell film with this theme a few weeks ago. Old School, I think it was called.
I'm 25, roomies are 23, 23, and 22. We live relatively sloppy, but not too bad. With four young guys, things get a little messy, but we know how to clean up. We're all professionals, myself being a teacher, 1 being an accountant, one being a financial analyst, and the fourth just graduated with a degree in accounting. So there's some responsibility. In between our double keg-tapped fridge, my 2 fridges of various aged beers, and a chest freezer stocked with liquor. =)
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That's awfully responsible of you, Bryan. :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

My studies to becoming a pharmacy technician continue.

I recently sent one of my short stories to be published in a magazine while I'm prepping my first novel for a similar eventuality.

And, I'm working my way through the Stargate series. Right now, I'm coming up on the end of Season 7.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I've got nothing going so grandiose as any of you.

Congrats mwhittington! All my best to you and your soon-to-be-larger family!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Mikey wrote:I've got nothing going so grandiose as any of you.

Congrats mwhittington! All my best to you and your soon-to-be-larger family!
make something up, im sure we'll cheer for you, haha.

and striker, how is it a bore? I prefer to be working, as its productive, keeps me busy, and brings in money at the same time. Just how I am I guess?
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Bryan - remember: vodka and gin in the freezer, vermouth in the fridge, rum and whiskey room temperature. :D

OK, here's the real deal with me: I'm in my new job a bit over a month now, and I'm looking to get out. Auto sales can be profitable, but the slow times mean that you can be very good at your job and still make no money. At least the slow times help boost my post count. :roll:

The wife is working less before-school tutorial hours, but continuing with managing her afterschool program as well as part-time coursework towards her master's degree. Her district is picking up the tuition, so I can't complain.

The daughter is loving pre-school, plus weekly swimming, tap, ballet and gymnastics classes. We're thinking of starting her on coffee a/o Mountain Dew - as illogical as it sounds, a shot of caffeine in the morning has been shown to be effective with ADD, and Carolyn goes like a top from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.

Plus, we're talking about adding either soccer or powder-puff football to her schedule in the spring, and maybe a trip to DisneyWorld next autumn... plus, I promised a weekend at the Marriott Marquis or the old Wyndham to my wife for the weekend I got A Chrous Line tix... plus, the Bon Jovi tix I got for her... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll never be rich.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

MetalHead wrote:
Mikey wrote:
and striker, how is it a bore? I prefer to be working, as its productive, keeps me busy, and brings in money at the same time. Just how I am I guess?
Actually, I was talking about your professor...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mikey wrote:Bryan - remember: vodka and gin in the freezer, vermouth in the fridge, rum and whiskey room temperature. :D
We've got various liquors all around the house. I only drink Bombay Saphire and Johnny Walker Black or better. My roomies have the rest, including vile concoctions such as pommegranate brandy.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

that sounds...disgusting...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Well, my life has been pretty boring. Got a birthday coming up in half a month. Oh, and my parents annonced they are going to get divorced on Sunday. But other then that, nothing much.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

my birthday is coming soon as well