What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Reliant121 »

Strangely enough, while it isn't a mini, I have many a Time thought of a Morris Minor if I can find one...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Reliant121 wrote:No doubt it will be better than my first car.

My dad even seriously considered getting a Reliant Robin. I almost shot him.
Hey now, don't diss the Reliant. Any car that can be turned into a reusable spacecraft deserves some respect. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

This is why I love Top Gear. Be it abusing Korean family cars, turning fibreglass toasters into space rockets or converting campervans into canal boats...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Hey now, don't diss the Reliant. Any car that can be turned into a reusable spacecraft deserves some respect. :wink:
Not to mention capable of being driven the vast distance of Sheffield to Rotherham. :wink:

They're also not overly robust.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Mark wrote:8) Just bought a car. 8)

An ugly ass 1991 Nissan Sentra. Paint oxidizing, a rusting hubcap, a missing passenger door lock, and a blown rear speaker.

But its mine! All mine! No more broken bones from moped crashes!!!!!!!!!

$700 bucks off the lot.
Thats better than my 1988 Honda Accord I had. Mechanically ran fine, but no a/c, all the speakers were blown, clock was very fast, driver side lock swtich-thingie broken off and one of the flip up lights was stuck. Well the flip up light was half my fault and the other was the deer's head. The deer tasted great though.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

My first - and current car is one of these - yellow colour and all.

I like it really. Its easy to park, hard to lose in a supermarket carpark, and small enough to overtake a bicycle and still leave enough room for the tit in an Audi behind me to overtake me at the same time.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Looks light enough to pick up and put in your living room. That and those cars make Geo Metros look sporty.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

kostmayer wrote:My first - and current car is one of these - yellow colour and all.

I like it really. Its easy to park, hard to lose in a supermarket carpark, and small enough to overtake a bicycle and still leave enough room for the tit in an Audi behind me to overtake me at the same time.
Ah the Fiat Cinquecento (which is basically another way of saying Square Fiat 500). My aunt had one before she hit the big money. She killed it in two weeks.

So far I am hoping, and I do say hoping, to have the money to afford a Volkswagen Fox
Strangely enough they fall in value very quickly. Its about as luxurious as your average Lada, and has the same kind of engine power as you found in a 1979 Vanden Plas Princess (54bhp 1.2L) but that makes it one of the cheapest cars on the road to insure.

It'll still be £2,000 for a 17 year old to insure though.

As for the Honda Accord, A lot of cars here don't have aircon. Not always been a necessity.
lcpl seilicki
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by lcpl seilicki »

We just picked the day for our daughter to be born, October 1. I'm so excited. This makes number 4 for me but she will be my first girl :D

Sorry but I'm telling everyone
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Lots of new kids coming around lately.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
lcpl seilicki
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by lcpl seilicki »

Yeah cold winters usally do that
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Reliant121 wrote:Once again I find that being 15 has left me at disadvantage... :oops:

And Ian? Any criticism I made of an iPad...I take it back. I do almost everything on it now and it's sooo easy to use.
Interesting to here. I've never even tried one myself.
email, ergo spam
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I know I tend to bash Apple for just about everything but with the right applications it can easily take over from a netbook. Admittedly, it can be difficult doing multiple things at once at this time but the iOS 4 upgrade should cure that to a degree.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

lcpl seilicki wrote:We just picked the day for our daughter to be born, October 1. I'm so excited. This makes number 4 for me but she will be my first girl :D

Sorry but I'm telling everyone

Congrats :) If you're having a daughter, be prepared to be circumvented, argued with, ignored, and generally doused in drama. And loving it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

My dad says the same of me :roll:

And yes, congratulations and good luck!