What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by T'Pau »

Ah Mel, he is missed! Cartoons just aren't what they used to be in both voice and animation.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

T'Pau wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:19 pm Ah Mel, he is missed! Cartoons just aren't what they used to be in both voice and animation.
They literally had to hire an entire vocie-actor team to do what he could do by himself.
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

T'Pau wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:19 pm Ah Mel, he is missed! Cartoons just aren't what they used to be in both voice and animation.
There's something to be said for both voiced and silent cartoons. Bugs bunny and daffy were a power pair. However, I also loved the roadrunner and coyote shows. Nothing said but still hilarious. I miss those cartoons too.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

I awoke this morning early, to hear a thumping at my door.

When I got up to look, I saw my Roomba robotic vacuum attempting to escape quarantine, repeatedly bumping against the door, without the normal 'bump and change course' that is normal for the small disc-shaped helper.

When I first got my Roomba, who in a fit of bad taste I nicknamed Helen Keller, I found the little machine easy to set up and set off on it's duties. It would toodle around, sweeping up and casually bumping into walls and furniture, to turn and set off again in a different direction. All good. If you want it to remain outside of a room, it can be set to do so, with little cones and/or a barrier you make yourself.

Cut to a few weeks later, when I heard a strange noise in the kitchen. Somehow, Helen had gotten past the 'do not enter' cones/barrier, and was humping the leg of my kitchen table, like a sex-starved felon recently released from prison. By the time I bent down to carry her away from her new found friend-with-benefits, she had burnt out her battery/brain box and died unceremoniously.

I called customer service and spoke to a kind gentleman who listened to my sad story of poor Helen. Holding back his laughter (and those of other agents close by), he said he'd send out the new parts right away. When the box arrived, it was addressed to Helen Keller, c/o my address.

I fear that Helen is now part of Skynet and will eventually attempt to murder everyone in the neighborhood should she escape quarantine. I can imagine her joining forces with all the local ATM machines in a bid to wipe the human population off this planet, one dust bunny at a time.

Save yourselves while you can!
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

If Helen can't open the door, I think we're all good, T'Pau. :P
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Only one way to be sure, and the Space Force hasn't been activated yet :takecover:
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Someday Helen and #5 will make beautiful, humanity destroying offspring. One part destroyer+one part cleaner.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Well... at least it'll clean up after itself...
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:15 am Well... at least it'll clean up after itself...
Baaaaaad Huuuuummmmaaaan!
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

T'Pau wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:39 pm Only one way to be sure, and the Space Force hasn't been activated yet :takecover:
You know, being prior myself. This whole Space Force thing, it is a way to get military Personnel and equipment into space while putting a “happy (peaceful) face” on its exterior. Like Antarctica, the moon is forbidden to be utilized as a military staging area by all countries. I know other global powers are starting their own “space forces” at this time too, to me, this only leads to two probable outcomes.
A new theatre in which war’s are fought. 👎🏻
The beginning of mankind’s mass venture into space. 👍🏻

Only time will tell.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Early morning bunny palooza! Running, jumping, etc. before a pair of them disappeared from view. Guess they wanted privacy or social distancing.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

00111010 01000100 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:29 amImage
Baaaaaad Huuuuummmmaaaan!
*whistles Colonel Bogey*

Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Johnny Five. Making me want to watch Short Circuit again and a certain very white actor portraying a Indian...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

McAvoy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:33 am Johnny Five. Making me want to watch Short Circuit again and a certain very white actor portraying a Indian...
Haha. That was so bad, I didn’t realize it until years later.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

00111010 01000100 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:03 am
McAvoy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:33 am Johnny Five. Making me want to watch Short Circuit again and a certain very white actor portraying a Indian...
Haha. That was so bad, I didn’t realize it until years later.
I didn't, either. And yeah. That was bad.