What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by McAvoy »

Reliant121 wrote:Got to agree with Teaos, ESB is my least favourite wars film. I cannot stand it, it feels...like virtually nothing happens. I know there's quite a bit of character development but it just isn't interesting to me.

I also dislike TOS mostly because it is difficult for me to appreciate how "revolutionary" it was since the era in which it was made was roughly 3 decades before I was even conceived. Without that contextual appreciation, it just seems horribly dated.
Infidel!
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Mwahahaha. McAvoy your opinion is old and obsolete, please join mikey in the seniors centre.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:Mwahahaha. McAvoy your opinion is old and obsolete, please join mikey in the seniors centre.
Blasphemer!
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Reliant121 wrote:Got to agree with Teaos, ESB is my least favourite wars film. I cannot stand it, it feels...like virtually nothing happens. I know there's quite a bit of character development but it just isn't interesting to me.

I also dislike TOS mostly because it is difficult for me to appreciate how "revolutionary" it was since the era in which it was made was roughly 3 decades before I was even conceived. Without that contextual appreciation, it just seems horribly dated.
There's actually a term for that. Seinfeld is unfunny.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:

That's a dangerous link my friend...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I never thought Seinfeld was funny, even when it was on. Not my type of humor, I guess.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I enjoyed parts of it.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I never thought Seinfeld was funny, even when it was on. Not my type of humor, I guess.
No soup for you!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Vic wrote:double post
Why not simply delete them. That's what the little x is for up near the top right of the post. Obviously you can only delete your own.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:

Seinfeld isn't unfunny, it's annoying. It's just people going on and on and on about stupid things. Always was that way.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Sonic Glitch wrote: That's a dangerous link my friend...
I absolve myself of any responsibility. :P
IanKennedy wrote: Seinfeld isn't unfunny, it's annoying. It's just people going on and on and on about stupid things. Always was that way.
Well, what it means is, something can come along and be so revolutionary and so groundbreaking for its time. Then as imitators crop up, subsequent generations look back on it and wonder why it was so 'out there' in the first place.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:

Seinfeld isn't unfunny, it's annoying. It's just people going on and on and on about stupid things. Always was that way.
I agree. I do not need to watch a whole show about them complaining about something. I have watched dozens of episodes before and that was only because it was on before the Simpsons (reruns).

Speaking of which, I want to do a Farscape marathon, but I am still in the middle of watching a Stargate marathon.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote: That's a dangerous link my friend...
I absolve myself of any responsibility. :P
I don't think absolution works that way :poke:

In all seriousness tho, that page led me to the Star Trek page, which led me to the Ho Yay page (because I wasn't sure what it was) which led me to this gem about Col. Tigh and Adm. Adama saying, "It's pretty much canon that he and Bill Adama are the real love story of the series."
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
IanKennedy wrote: Seinfeld isn't unfunny, it's annoying. It's just people going on and on and on about stupid things. Always was that way.
Well, what it means is, something can come along and be so revolutionary and so groundbreaking for its time. Then as imitators crop up, subsequent generations look back on it and wonder why it was so 'out there' in the first place.
I'm pretty sure annoying things existed prior to Seinfeld.
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Keeping up Appearances.