What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

mwhittington wrote:My wife and I spent our 20th anniversary at South Lake Tahoe at the Beach Resort Hotel. Our hotel room was right on the water, just open the sliding glass door and walk 50 feet and your feet are in very cold water. Just got back today. I had no idea how big that lake was till I got there. It is beautiful! On the way back home, we visited a tourist spot called Vikingsholm in Emerald Bay on the Lake. Look it up, it's really cool.
Happy twenty years. :)
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
mwhittington wrote:My wife and I spent our 20th anniversary at South Lake Tahoe at the Beach Resort Hotel. Our hotel room was right on the water, just open the sliding glass door and walk 50 feet and your feet are in very cold water. Just got back today. I had no idea how big that lake was till I got there. It is beautiful! On the way back home, we visited a tourist spot called Vikingsholm in Emerald Bay on the Lake. Look it up, it's really cool.
Happy twenty years. :)
Thank you, Striker!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I feel like it's been forever since I've contributed here. I've been busy working 2 jobs one day shift and one night shift, so I have a lot of time to read but not a lot of time to post, aside from the occassional low-effort post in the Discovery reddit :D

All that being said, the Mrs and I are expecting our first minor glitch this fall! Which is exciting .... and terrifying!

With all that we're busy on the house hunt (living w/ in-laws will not work long-term) and I'm busy on the job hunt. One schedule and a higher pay rate are the goals!
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Sonic Glitch wrote:I feel like it's been forever since I've contributed here. I've been busy working 2 jobs one day shift and one night shift, so I have a lot of time to read but not a lot of time to post, aside from the occassional low-effort post in the Discovery reddit :D

All that being said, the Mrs and I are expecting our first minor glitch this fall! Which is exciting .... and terrifying!

With all that we're busy on the house hunt (living w/ in-laws will not work long-term) and I'm busy on the job hunt. One schedule and a higher pay rate are the goals!
Good to hear from you again, Sonic. And congrats on the little one coming in!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:I feel like it's been forever since I've contributed here. I've been busy working 2 jobs one day shift and one night shift, so I have a lot of time to read but not a lot of time to post, aside from the occassional low-effort post in the Discovery reddit :D

Wooo, congrats!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Congratulations!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Congratulations!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Fantastic!! :D
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I almost had a flawless day today. Then at the very last minute, before I punch out of work, I find out I lost my badge. :P
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Isn't it mad how time flies. I feel old.

I'm just about to take my first exam on the long, perilous journey toward becoming a lawyer. I'm training through CILEx, a sort of 'vocational' on the job way of becoming a lawyer without doing a degree. Takes slightly longer but the education is squarely focused on the way law is used/changed rather than necessarily the stuffy elements of it's history.

Slightly bricking it is an understatement. :worried:
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Reliant121 wrote:Isn't it mad how time flies. I feel old.

I'm just about to take my first exam on the long, perilous journey toward becoming a lawyer. I'm training through CILEx, a sort of 'vocational' on the job way of becoming a lawyer without doing a degree. Takes slightly longer but the education is squarely focused on the way law is used/changed rather than necessarily the stuffy elements of it's history.

I wish you great success.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Man... when I first “met” you, uni wasn’t even on your immediate horizon. Best of luck!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:Man... when I first “met” you, uni wasn’t even on your immediate horizon. Best of luck!
Those were the days. :D
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Reliant121 wrote:Isn't it mad how time flies. I feel old.

Congrats, bud. Like Mikey said, when we all came aboard in 2007, you were barely out of grade school (sorry, not sure what you call it in UK - primary?). Best wishes there.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?wr

Post by Reliant121 »

It’s slightly scary how relentless the March of time is isn’t it? I look back on some of my oldest posts on here and cringe. You were all so patient with me back then.

Here I am, 23 going on 50 as my other half would fondly attest.