Mikey, McAvoy. Giants suck but at least we have OBJ.(gifs)

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Mikey, McAvoy. Giants suck but at least we have OBJ.(gifs)

Post by Nutso »

Odell Beckham Jr.

Yep. Three fingered catch.

One more angle showing the ridiculous angles he contorted his body to catch that ball.

Deadspin has video of Al Michaels' call and also of the Spanish announcers calling it. ¡INCREÍBLE!

And his pregame warmup of circus catches
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Mikey, McAvoy. Giants suck but at least we have OBJ.(gif

Post by Nutso »

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/odell ... e-century/

There were some Canadian Giants fans on various forums talking about how the catch was on every media outlet and the Cowboys victory was only an afterthought.

Another grantland article on the catch:
It was so good that there wasn’t an immediate Twitter backlash to the idea that it was amazing. That’s the highest praise anything can get in 2014.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/week- ... -football/

Odell Beckham Jr. shows us how to break the Internet

"I forgot to take a picture..."
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Yeah they suck. I could write a whole article about it. Though there is hope.

OBJ is the new and better Cruz. I wish Cruz didn't injure himself because then the passing game would be something to see. I know Cruz has a tendency to drop balls like they are hot but it would leave someone open.

Yeah he really did break the Internet last night.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Yes, my G-Men suck this year. However, OBJ is abso-fucking-lutely redonkulous. The grab on the stop-and-out for the first down before that was something else - the TD catch was like an alien epiphany.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm. Last player I was thinking had all-time Giants aspirations was JPP. He has fallen far from that 2011 form. :(
Last edited by Nutso on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

If you look closely, that's not the Nike sign.

And now a shirt.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote:I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm. Last player I was thinking had all-time Giants aspirations was JPP. He has fallen far from that 2011 form. :(
JPP suffers from a d-line that sucks and honestly an defensive coordinator who doesn't know how to get them to squeeze out something extra out of them. JPP thrived in the past when someone else was double teamed.

He is still is great and his numbers don't reflect that but he is an extremely effective run stopper. Sacks are more sexier than tackles.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Perry Fewell and that damn Tampa 2. He doesn't give the D-line any instructions leaving the work to the back 7. The front four don't play disciplined at all. Normally I would blame players but, this has gone on with different players throughout the years. When they play contain, the DE's are always outside of their blockers, enabling the RB to take the inside lane. By containing on the outside, the leaves the DT's to be doubled to the middle. We never see the d-line do stunts, wherein for example, the Right DE and the RIght DT exchange positions at the snap, confusing the Guard who now has to take on the faster DE, while the Tackle has to content with the heavier lower to the ground DT. That lack of discipline on the D-line explains why we watch our blitzes always get stopped at the line of scrimmage. Blitzes work when the o-line is confused by the D-line's movement. It feels like Fewell tells them to go out there and rush, without any tactic or strategy. The way this team invests in the D-line, Fewell isn't the right man for this job. We got by with Osi because he was a phenomenal pass rusher, and so was Justin Tuck. They're gone and Fewell is exposed.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Exactly. It's something I have noticed since 2012 where the team plays soft. He plays conservative and unfortunately conservative only works when you have a great defense. Never ever woks when you have a lack of talent or the team lacks depth.

The other thing is Coughlin has his hands in the offensive play calling. There is almost nothing different from last year and before that. Rush, rush and pass on a third and long. That works in a successful rushing attack. A successful rushing attack needs a good back and a good o line. Giants do have Jennings and some day Andrew Williams will be too. The offensive line needs work.

Eli is still Eli and he will throw his dumb interceptions. Funny thing is that even the so called elite quarterbacks throw their share of ill advised throws that get intercepted. People focus on Eli Manning because he is Eli Manning.

I do not trust Nassib. Last thing the Giants needs to do is start a QB dance like the Jets or the Bills or the Texans or the Redskins. Eli Manning is a known commodity.

Next year they need to find a third WR whether free agency or draft as I feel Randle is a bust. They need to draft stud offensive lineman. They need to draft a second JPP.

I am tired of drafting players who have a lot of potential but turns out to be busts. Giants do not need developmental players, those types of players have a high failure rate.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

This crap season will lead to a high draft pick. I do not feel good about that but, it's a start. They have no choice in the next off season except heavy OL and DL. The Giants are projected to be $20million under the cap before they make any roster moves.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I suspect they may resign Manning to free up more cap space. There is no alternative.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Don't hold your breath. Due to circumstance and coincidence, Eli has rings and will continue to play as long as he wants in NY. More's the pity.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I meant resign as in re-sign a new deal.

Now I am wondering if re-sign is a word...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

This thread is awesome. It might as well be in Klingon for all the sense it makes to me. :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...