Comcast's Customer Service Nightmare is Painful to Hear

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Comcast's Customer Service Nightmare is Painful to Hear

Post by Nutso »

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/15/59010 ... ryan-block
Almost anyone that has tried to cancel cable service, wireless service, or a gym membership knows how difficult it can be to do over the phone, but a recent call to Comcast by one customer might take the cake for the worst of them all. Ryan Block, formerly of Engadget and now at AOL, called Comcast to cancel his service, but instead of politely obliging and going ahead with his request, the representative on the line insisted on taking him through a circular argument to find out the reason why he was canceling service.

Block was able to capture about eight minutes of the call and has posted the audio to his Soundcloud account for the rest of us to enjoy (or sympathize with, if you've been in that situation before). It's pretty painful to listen to, and even though it sounds like something straight out of a hidden camera TV show, Block insists that it was not a prank (he even asked the rep during the call if it was indeed a prank). Grab a cup of coffee and give a listen to the call below.

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10/comcastic-service
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Comcast's Customer Service Nightmare is Painful to Hear

Post by Tsukiyumi »

They pulled the exact same crap with me when I cancelled service.

Her: "Did you even talk to customer service about other plans?"

Me: "Yeah, I did. The guy told me the best plan for my address was $110 a month."

Her: "That's cheaper than your current plan."

Me: "I don't care; I'm not paying over $100 a month for cable and internet."

Her: "What if we include home phone at no extra charge?"

Me: "I don't need a home phone. I want the service terminated IMMEDIATELY."

She went around in circles a few times before that, and eventually did what I asked; the whole process was about 15 minutes of condescending, rude, and nearly insulting levels of sass. Thank the Lord I found Consolidated.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Huh. I have Comcast for cable, ISP, and landline; and I have never had this sort of an issue. The online chat support for the wi-fi has always been great, and usually the folks are able to answer whatever questions I might have pretty thoroughly. Then again, I've never tried to cancel.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm now paying a total of $65 dollars a month for internet, and whatever is on Netflix and Hulu Plus. I'm saving about $720 a year, and I can still watch everything I like to watch.*

*with the exception of The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Falling Skies.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Huh, last time I made a call like that, they asked why I was leaving and I said "Well for one, I've had connection issues that you haven't been able to resolve, and two, I want to combine my internet with my TV package by switching to Sky." They said "Oh, well we could look into the connection issue?" and I said "You've been telling me for most of a year that you can't find anything wrong, so no thanks."

And that was that.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I just got Internet. For shows I want to watch I use torrents. For sports I go to the bar.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Sky did the same with us when we cancelled. In the end when we told them the deal that Virgin put together that bested theirs by at least £60 a month they shut up.