At the going down of the sun, and in the morning

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning

Post by Captain Seafort »

We will remember them.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: At the going down of the sun, and in the morning

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

*Moment of silence*
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Just learned this week that I have a great great Uncle who died in the Somme, no one in our family knew until like 2 years ago when my dying Grandfather told his oldest daughter, my aunt. Going to visit his grave in France next time I am in Europe latter this year, probably first family to go there since 1916. I have like 8 members of my family who have been in the military, including both Grandfather during WWII but ironically they were both in the services before the war, so were put in charge of training the influx of new recruits, thus didnt see combat.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Teaos wrote:Just learned this week that I have a great great Uncle who died in the Somme, no one in our family knew until like 2 years ago when my dying Grandfather told his oldest daughter, my aunt. Going to visit his grave in France next time I am in Europe latter this year, probably first family to go there since 1916. I have like 8 members of my family who have been in the military, including both Grandfather during WWII but ironically they were both in the services before the war, so were put in charge of training the influx of new recruits, thus didnt see combat.
Please let us know how it goes.