Turn Back time

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Turn Back time

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:For me, I don't think I would. I simply don't really have the survival skills for it.
That is the issue. Short of going back sometime in the past 100 years, any time before that you will need skill to survive. It was rough from the 19th century and back to live.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Oooo... I am used to quality tap water... if we go back in time will be inoculated against everything including needing to drink so-so water...? Otherwise you are going to have some nasty time until (if) your body adjusts.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Jim wrote:Oooo... I am used to quality tap water... if we go back in time will be inoculated against everything including needing to drink so-so water...? Otherwise you are going to have some nasty time until (if) your body adjusts.
Good point. The modern person is so clean that we probably will be so sick when we go back.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Even today... "Don't drink the water" is a normal saying for people vacationing in exotic places.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Meh, you can usually tell if water is good to drink, even shitty places tend to have clean tap water, the WHO looks over it and generally helps to keep it clean. You have to go to some really shitty back water places to get sick off the water.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:Meh, you can usually tell if water is good to drink, even shitty places tend to have clean tap water, the WHO looks over it and generally helps to keep it clean. You have to go to some really shitty back water places to get sick off the water.
Water isn't the issue. Its the food and how its prepared and so forth that is an issue. Your body is used to food cooked a certain way and even the same food. Go to a different place, between a different environment and different food, people can get sick.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Sick as in something serious is one thing... greenapple squirts for a month is another.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Jim wrote:Sick as in something serious is one thing... greenapple squirts for a month is another.
If you had greenapple squirts for a month you would likely end up dead. Dehydration would kill you.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote:
Jim wrote:Sick as in something serious is one thing... greenapple squirts for a month is another.
If you had greenapple squirts for a month you would likely end up dead. Dehydration would kill you.
Yeah getting the squirts for a month period is bad for you.