Three Wise Guys

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Three Wise Guys

Post by Teaos »

So for the last couple weeks (well we did start over a month ago but then I got hit by a hurricane) Tsu (Preston), Kendall (Aaron a former member here) and myself (Ben) have been working on producing a Podcast series. We plan for it to be weekly and we just posted our first episode. Link. The link to listen or download is at the bottom of that page. It will also be featuring in the iTunes Library once it makes its way through the filter.

Image is direct link to the show.

It also has a FB feed Link and a Twitter feed Link we will also be posting the odd Blog post, sometimes about the topics we talk about, sometimes what ever we feel like Link
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Three Wise Guys

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Okay... this sounds interesting. In a good way, too.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I have listened to a lot of Podcasts, both when I was on ship and now when I take the subway. There are a few good ones but I always wanted to try do something thought provoking. Basically I wanted a show that is on the level of everyone. A lot of shows that talk about science, or sci-fi or anything like that are either to technical or to geeky for most people. I wanted something in the middle, not the most advanced content, but just somthing that would get people thinking about topics they might not usually.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sounds good. :) From Hurricane Sandy's effect on the Enterprise to cheeseburgers. That's a proper TR-116.

Speaking of Kendall, how is he, and do you know if he's planning to come back here?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I did all the technical details, editing and sound mixing ect, so you may notice at times the pitch in voice changes slightly, that from when I had to cut out chunks that were totally wtf... DITL in audio form...

Kendall is good, getting into Pistol shooting ect. He knows Tsu and me are still here so he might drop by, at least to see this. Downloads are going better than I thought they would. Most Podcasts get 20> downloads for first episode and increase on average 4-6% every show until they hit saturation of their market. Ours is already at 20+ after a day and the download didn't work properly last night till I fixed the feed. Still waiting for it to get accepted into iTunes which is by far the biggest podcast downloader.

We record the next episode tomorrow, topic is unmanned military craft, both modern and in fiction. This weeks topic is Tsu's choice, we take turns choosing a topic, last week was Kendall. Episodes should be out every weekend.

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Teaos wrote:I did all the technical details, editing and sound mixing ect, so you may notice at times the pitch in voice changes slightly, that from when I had to cut out chunks that were totally wtf... DITL in audio form...
That's what it was? The only slight point I'd raise with the piece is that it was difficult to tell Kendall and Tsu apart, partially due to the static on the line, partially due to the changes in pitch.
Kendall is good, getting into Pistol shooting ect. He knows Tsu and me are still here so he might drop by, at least to see this.
Good to hear. Of all the old members we don't see any more, Rochey and Kendall are by some distance the two whose absence I notice and regret most.
Downloads are going better than I thought they would. Most Podcasts get 20> downloads for first episode and increase on average 4-6% every show until they hit saturation of their market. Ours is already at 20+ after a day and the download didn't work properly last night till I fixed the feed. Still waiting for it to get accepted into iTunes which is by far the biggest podcast downloader.
Congratulations, and good luck with iTunes. :)
We record the next episode tomorrow, topic is unmanned military craft, both modern and in fiction. This weeks topic is Tsu's choice, we take turns choosing a topic, last week was Kendall. Episodes should be out every weekend.
I look forward to it.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah I get the feeling Kendall and Tsu are the experts on that topic, I'll do the audio form of smile and nod.

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:The only slight point I'd raise with the piece is that it was difficult to tell Kendall and Tsu apart, partially due to the static on the line, partially due to the changes in pitch.
I noticed that myself. Our voices are rather similar in tone to begin with; I might have to do a few episodes as Obama or Christopher Walken. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I didn't have any trouble telling you apart, but since I listen to it live maybe its just easier for me to differentiate you two... My voice naturally doesnt get mistaken for anyone. Three years on cruise ships has royally mangled my accent.

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I can barely understand you half the time Ben . ;)

Seafort man, I'm good. PTSD is under control and I've mellowed to near Dude levels. As Ben said the wife and I just went through the restricted course and we're looking at cowboy action shooting. I'll be "El Duderino", The Dude in the 19th Century.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Good to hear, and it's good to see (and hear) you. :)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Sorry I had to bow out of the project, although I still like the way it sounds. Unfortunately, I had a full plate when we were in discussion; now, we've had the Frankenstorm and all the associated damage and disruption here down the shore - at the same time as I was unconscious for two days and then spent time in a hospital bed with a severe concussion from a fall due to insulin shock.

The product is probably better off.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I don't think anyone will mind if you joined in once and a while as a guest, if you want.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I don't think anyone will mind if you joined in once and a while as a guest, if you want.
I'd like that, once I finish getting the insurance to remove the fallen trees and fix the house, and get all the nuclear and imaging tests done from my new docs, and possibly a new insulin delivery system, and then the teeth fixed that got knocked lose during the fall. However, a good rant always does make me feel better. ;)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The soap box is cathartic...