"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Cool Picture Thread

Post by McAvoy »

Is that real?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Nutso wrote:Image

The Imgurian tracked down the Interstellar Space Station with his/her telescope and took pictures.
Using a C11 telescope by manually moving the mount to track the ISS. The camera used is a Canon 1100D in continuous shooting mode. (finger held of the button)
http://imgur.com/gallery/OiJGQWK
Or is it:

http://www.ditl.org/ship-pictures.php?C ... ID=Reviews
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Testing an aircraft carrier's catapult system with trucks

Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Did that for eight years.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

McAvoy wrote:Did that for eight years.
As tests, or for the last launch of a commission?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Captain Seafort wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Did that for eight years.
As tests, or for the last launch of a commission?
I was a final checker for F-14B Tomcats and later F/A-18EF Super Hornets for VF-143 later VFA-143 and then VFA-213.

While I did not personally launch the catapult, I was the guy right behind to the side of the aircraft making the thumbs up saying it's ready to launch after a quick inspection.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/gotham_sean ... ad-2015-06
While Sean Pertwee may be busy playing Alfred Pennyworth on "Gotham," he's ready for the call to play his dad, former "Doctor Who" Time Lord Jon Pertwee. The actor posted a photo of himself in Instagram with hair altered to look like his father and the resemblance is uncanny.

Son and Hair. Doctor Pennyworth," Pertwee captions the photo.

If the BBC ever needs someone to reprise the role of the third Doctor, he's obviously the easy choice. In fact, Pertwee already has a costume to complete his dad's look, after dressing as the Time Lord for Halloween in 2014.
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

As much as I legit loved the fiftieth anniversary special... I still feel a bit cheated at most of the Docs being represented by stock footage.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:As much as I legit loved the fiftieth anniversary special... I still feel a bit cheated at most of the Docs being represented by stock footage.
What else to do? There would have been a huge mob of Whovians with torches and pitchforks if the Beeb got alternate actors.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:What else to do? There would have been a huge mob of Whovians with torches and pitchforks if the Beeb got alternate actors.
There were no objections to Richard Hurndall replacing Hartnell in The Five Doctors - it was simply more efficient to use archive footage for the few seconds of screen time each of them had. If they wanted to do a full multi-Doctor story these days, they could do a lot worse than have Pertwee play Three and David Bradley play One. Davison, McCoy, McGann and the new mob could probably reprise their characters. Colin Baker might be able to pull it off. That only leaves Two, Four and possibly Six.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Pertwee stepping in for his dad is the only one I could see, and that less on looks and acting style than for the fervor with which he'd embrace the part. Obviously the new gang could reprise their characters, I can't speak to David Bradley, and I'm not convinced that Davison, McCoy, McGann, and Baker being able to step back in. I think keeping it vague with short-term screen time based on old or stock footage was the way to go.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:I can't speak to David Bradley
He played Hartnell in a one-off drama about the first few years of Doctor Who for the 50th anniversary, and did so very well.
I'm not convinced that Davison, McCoy, McGann, and Baker being able to step back in.
Tom obviously wouldn't be able to, and I think Colin would be marginal at best, but Davison managed to pull off Five in Time Crash, McCoy hasn't changed physically any more than Davison (especially if you consider the fact that his last appearance was in the film), and McGann played Eight's regeneration less than two years ago.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:As much as I legit loved the fiftieth anniversary special... I still feel a bit cheated at most of the Docs being represented by stock footage.
What else to do? There would have been a huge mob of Whovians with torches and pitchforks if the Beeb got alternate actors.
Recast them. There's no role in fiction that can't be recast. Look at Star Trek.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Make them all women...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...