The Youtube video thread!

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Yep, almost straight back at him - you can see the round skip off the ground about 2-3 yards in front of him at about 20 seconds in. From the way his ear defenders leapt off his head, and what looks like an impact mark on one of them, it looks like the round struck one side of them rather than him.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

The odds of that guy being at exactly the right distance and position to have the bullet ricochet (not penetrate), and come back to hit him, must be staggering. But why do you call him "luckiest" as well? Because he had a chance to fire that type of weapon?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'd say he was bloody lucky the round didn't hit a couple of inches to one side - it would have gone right through his head.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Well, at least it would have kept him from any further breeding, and thusly helping to remove his particular idiot gene from the pool.
as Bull offed Custer
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

well.. i dont know if it was really his fault, because the odds of that happening are so rare, especially with the gun he was shooting, the .50 will penetrate most material, and go harmlessly into the backdrop. He was shooting a little close though, and at iron... you usually use lead, so that the bullet has no chance of ricocheting.
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

well, he could have been dumber...you know by firing straight up into the air...

or, hell, directly at his own foot...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Straight into the air, you would never see it again. That would be some guy a few miles off. I've seen footage of an M82 Barrett (what he is shooting) firing straight through a manhole cover, so I'm kind of surprised there was a ricochet at all. The target aspect must have been just right. Or, wrong, depending how you look at it.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Here's part of the footage I'm talking about. He's shooting at a steel safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moXAB2YsYRU
Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Wait, here's the whole thing. I had about a two second delay when I watched it, so if it looks funny, blame YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDOBtgdScPA
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Of course, they're using some pretty high-end ammo here, so that must at least partially explain the ricochet in the other vid.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Awesome Videos, but you can edit your original post if you need to add stuff... forums usually frown upon quadruple posts :wink:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Whoops. Just noticed that. Sorry everyone! :oops:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

He was firing at a safe? He deserves to get hit in the head with his own shot, and a few others besides!
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

No, no. The fellow firing at the safe in the vid I posted was fine. The 50s blew right through it, just like the tractor tread, "bullet-resistant" glass, and the manhole cover I mentioned. The M82 is designed for piercing "light" armor like this. The guy in the ricochet video must've done something wrong, or was using seriously inferior ammunition.

You should watch the second clip. You can skip ahead, but you'll miss the part where the jarhead instructor explains the ammunition, and the impressive attributes of each type. Pretty high-tech, really.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

DarkOmen wrote:and this one, because the guy is a retard... .600 nitro pistol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8fSIbA9SOM
Is he actually an egg in jeans?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...