SF Debris: Dead Stop

Enterprise
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: SF Debris: Dead Stop

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote:
Teaos wrote:Just that one station, would be a massive advantage to any power. Flag ship is damaged? 1 week, 1 person and some generic supplies and your done.
Exactly which leads me to believe it was destroyed somehow before anyone could take advantage of it. Maybe it was Starfleet. Earth or Federation Starfleet.
Maybe the Borg assimilated it and that's how they learned to repair their ships. I remember their first appearance, the Cube repaired itself like in a film reverse.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I think that is how they did it in SFX where they melted the Borg grid thingies and filmed it reverse.

Could be a leftover piece of tech that came from a species that was assimilated by the Borg.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Black Jesus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Black Jesus »

The station might be capable of independent movement. After dealing with a severely hostile ship and crew, perhaps the station repaired itself and then departed for another part of the galaxy, never to be seen by Earth forces again.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well if it can repair ships like it was shown and rebuild itself from a cloud of debris than moving itself to a different part of the Galaxy is certainly possible.

Not only that but imagine that thing being capable of learning. It could take all the info it needs to repair a ship and then use it to upgrade itself.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"