Enterprise J

Enterprise
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Enterprise J

Post by DarkOmen »

I absolutely love the design of this ship despite the incredibly brief picture of it you get to see in Enterprise (Azati Prime i think??)

Thoughts, opinions, or cool pictures/info?

A wallpaper that i made:

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:?
That thing looks way too skinny, a single photon torpedo could probably snap that thing in half.
Do we have any dimensions for it?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

She's probably tougher than she looks. She was built, after all, with 26th century methods and technology.

I say she's beautiful, but I still like the E better. :)
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I suppose you have a point. But weapons progress with armour, so unless weapons technology became stagnant it should still be structurally fragile.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

True...
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*Shrug*
Personally I like the 'modern' Trek ships better. (Actually the TOS ships are my favourite overall)
The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

You can tell that the ship is a heavy modification of the CGI model used for the NX-01. Which I guess we can let slip, seeing how we've only really saw it as a diagram.
Putting the manatee back in humanity.
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

:shock:

Looking at it again, I can see it!

I guess that is kind of a nice touch. Call it a motive of the series to intrude a musical term. Some would say it is very arty to show something so different yet effectively the same... Or maybe they were on a tight budget with all their other effects.... :wink: Either way, that is a great observation!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Crushproof
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crushproof »

NX-01 + NCC-1701-E = Disgusting mutant ship that is the E-J
"It is the way of all Empires, old Comrade, to fall prey to the next" ~Mirror Chekov
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I Hate it.

It looks less advanced than the E and it doesnt fit the time line.

This ship is several centuries more advanced than anything we have ever seen (apart from the wells) and it looks like the original enterprise. Also I know we dont have a scale but it also looks to be pretty averaged sized.

I have always preferred the bigger ships. But then again it was only a passing image so we can't get too annoyed about it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Am I the only one who thinks it looks nothing like a Fed ship? :?
Crushproof
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crushproof »

That's because it does look nothing like a Federation ship. But I've come to terms with Enterprise mucking up the timeline repeatedly, both past and future. (Although I use those terms loosely)
"It is the way of all Empires, old Comrade, to fall prey to the next" ~Mirror Chekov
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

It kinda looks like the NX class which is a earth ship. Earth is a part of the federation. So I suppose in a very loss way it does look like a federation ship :)
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

I think it looks just as dissimilar to the E-E as the E-E looks to the E-A. just the progression of design :P

i got the impression that it was huge. in the episode, a prometheus (who the hell knows why those are still in service 500 years later :roll: ) goes flying by, and i know its a long shot, but just the way and scale it was in realation to where archer was made it seem like the E-J was gigantic.

Yall be hatin, but i still think it is a cool ship :P

Here is the actual diagram out of the episode:

And here is supposedly another view of it, but it doesnt even look like the same ship to me other thanthe wide flat saucer...

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:?
The E-E looks more like the E-A than that does to the E-E.