Enterprise J

Enterprise
Talos
Senior chief petty officer

Re: Enterprise J

Post by Talos »

They put Prommies in a battle 200 years after their first appearance. It makes me wonder

WHAT THE F@CK WERE THEY THINKING :?: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell:

YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO PUT ANY SHIPS THERE YOU IDIOTS

:madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell:

It's one of the things that really annoyed me and I am dead serious on that... no joke :madashell:
Talos

Post by Talos »

Oh I almost forgot the E-J ...

sucks :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :madashell:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That's a pretty ambiguous response, Talos. I wonder if you didn't like the E-J? :P

I agree about the Prometheus being there; Graham points out that apparently, the Dauntless, a FAKE ship from VOY is also present...

Seeing as we learned approximately zero about the E-J, I'm just wondering why you'd say that it sucks.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Probably the whole pizza-cutter design it has going for it. Seriously, it's crap.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Tsukiyumi wrote:That's a pretty ambiguous response, Talos. I wonder if you didn't like the E-J? :P

I agree about the Prometheus being there; Graham points out that apparently, the Dauntless, a FAKE ship from VOY is also present...

Seeing as we learned approximately zero about the E-J, I'm just wondering why you'd say that it sucks.
Maybe the Dauntless was a real slipstream prototype class. It would explain why Janeway almost fell for the Dauntless trap. Actually she did fall for it. If there was a real Dauntless it would make Janeway a little less stupid.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Yeah, but where would Arcturus have gotten the prototype information from?

...Unless he traveled to the Alpha Quadrant and back using his Slipstream drive?

Hmm...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Maybe he thought the whole federation was to blame for his race being defeated by the Borg and was planning to do something to the Federation, but learned that Janeway was the exception to the rule and choose to take just her out instead.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

But that would mean travelling to the AQ, finding the Federation, finding detailed technical info on a class that would have just been in the R&D stage, and then going back to the DQ and setting up the trap.
Sorry, bit far-fetched for me.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:But that would mean travelling to the AQ, finding the Federation, finding detailed technical info on a class that would have just been in the R&D stage, and then going back to the DQ and setting up the trap.
Sorry, bit far-fetched for me.
Well, we've seen weirder things in Trek, but I suppose he could've just had contacts in the AQ or something. Given that his slipstream drive could reach the AQ in, about 3 months I think it was, it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that he or his race hasn't communicated with someone out that far. Or maybe the slipstream prototype data was buried in Starfleet's transmission through the Hirogen array. One of the lost data packets, maybe.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

His species was clearly high-tech, as evidenced by them evading the Borg for a long time. I could actually buy him travelling to the AQ to gain intel, given how insanely obsessed he was. And, we already know everyone's opinion on Starfleet's computer security, so it shouldn't be too hard to believe he could go through the whole Federation database, especially given his stated aptitude for computer language.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Tsukiyumi wrote:His species was clearly high-tech, as evidenced by them evading the Borg for a long time. I could actually buy him travelling to the AQ to gain intel, given how insanely obsessed he was. And, we already know everyone's opinion on Starfleet's computer security, so it shouldn't be too hard to believe he could go through the whole Federation database, especially given his stated aptitude for computer language.
According to Voyager's analysis it would take three months to get to the AQ with the Slipstream drive. There was almost a year between the 8472's defeat and finding the Dauntless. So six months there and back, and maybe a month or two searching for advanced engine prototypes in the federation database, and it a month or two finding Voyager again...the time frame leaves the possibility there.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Now, of course, you're all assuming that the Dauntless was already well into R&D at the time - which I don't buy in the least.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Mikey wrote:Now, of course, you're all assuming that the Dauntless was already well into R&D at the time - which I don't buy in the least.
Very true, if that were the case then they would likely be even older than the Miranda was during the Dominion War when they encountered the Sphere Builders. So unless ALL technology development stops shortly after it is built, using this thing would be like taking on a Sea Sparrow Missile with HMS Victory...
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The E-J is a truely ugly design. Almost makes you hope the sphere builders win the battle and destroy it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

His species was clearly high-tech, as evidenced by them evading the Borg for a long time. I could actually buy him travelling to the AQ to gain intel, given how insanely obsessed he was. And, we already know everyone's opinion on Starfleet's computer security, so it shouldn't be too hard to believe he could go through the whole Federation database, especially given his stated aptitude for computer language.
Except that that means he would know where Voyager came from. How could he possibly know that if he had no contact with them until now?
Except it means that he was able to travel to the AQ and deep into Federation territory and was able to access highly classified files without anyone noticing.
Except it means that that class of ship would have been in the finishing stages of R&D, something that's unlikely when you consider they were fighting in combat 200 years later.
Except it means that he went there, accessed filed, and created an image of a ship Janeway would have never seen before, lessening the chances of her actualy believing him.