Human power in ENT timeline

Enterprise
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Human power in ENT timeline

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:How much more? Despite the apparent speed with which the NX-01 reached Q'oNos, remember that supposedly even sustained Warp 5 was still a pipe dream at the opening of ENT. How much would humanity have spread, and to where?
Sorry guys, I just don't have the energy to read this entire thread to see if anyone raised this point. We KNOW that humanity started colonizing planets. Hell, we heard about Terra Nova in Enterprise, the Mariposa colony in TNG, and the colony with those annoyingly happy people that you had to piss off to cure.

All would have been launched early on.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Human power in ENT timeline

Post by McAvoy »

Mark wrote:
Mikey wrote:How much more? Despite the apparent speed with which the NX-01 reached Q'oNos, remember that supposedly even sustained Warp 5 was still a pipe dream at the opening of ENT. How much would humanity have spread, and to where?
Sorry guys, I just don't have the energy to read this entire thread to see if anyone raised this point. We KNOW that humanity started colonizing planets. Hell, we heard about Terra Nova in Enterprise, the Mariposa colony in TNG, and the colony with those annoyingly happy people that you had to piss off to cure.

All would have been launched early on.
Definitely. But how many colonies were there? Not to mention one of the points of the discussion is how big would these original colonies be by the 23rd or 24th century?

I have to check but wasn't Terra Nova the first 'deep' space colony Earth established?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"