Enterprise races

Enterprise
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Enterprise races

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nope.

They were thrown a thousand light years away from the planet by :Q . On the way back they were sabotaged; the "The emergency bypass control of the matter/antimatter integrator is fused', which caused the engines to go "running wild". They solved it by using a magnetic probe to shut off the fuel flow.

So whilst it wasn't something they did themselves, all that the sabotage did was basically eliminate the safety system and so dump the maximum possible power into the warp drive - essentially exactly what the Orion would have done with his engines.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Like I said, I wasn't sure I recalled it properly. Well, there it is. I still seem to remember (I'm afraid I don't have the references to hand) various non-canon publications - RPG supplements, etc. - extrapolating a big Orion advantage in propulsion tech, but non-canon sources are necessarily non-canon.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

For a race of pirates they would need it. But at the time of TOS, Starfleet only had the Connie's that could push that speed. The Orions may very well have been able to run rings around everything before.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mmm... Orion rings...

Wait...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

The melons are better
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Even if I hate what Ent did to the Orions watching those three gyrate really made up for it.