These are the voyages...

Enterprise
USSEnterprise
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

These are the voyages...

Post by USSEnterprise »

So I was watching this episode earlier and it was well...terrible. But on the bright side, with it in mind, couldn't we say ENT was nothing more than Wesley messing with historical simulations to fit his own little imaginary world? :D
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Re: These are the voyages...

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

no

No

NO

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I still have ennough respect for Enterprise, even with its failing, to never acknowledge The Episode That Shall Not Be Mentionned as part of the show's continuity.

Please edit the thread's title, for sanity's sake.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

USSEnterprise wrote:So I was watching this episode earlier and it was well...terrible. But on the bright side, with it in mind, couldn't we say ENT was nothing more than Wesley messing with historical simulations to fit his own little imaginary world? :D
Well no, not really. We could say that the events of that particular episode were off, since it's just a holodeck recreation, but that says nothing about the rest of Enterprise.

Apparently the novels have actually retconned Tucker's death; he faked it for some covert mission or something, IIRC.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

GrahamKennedy wrote: Apparently the novels have actually retconned Tucker's death; he faked it for some covert mission or something, IIRC.
Good. I have heard good things about those Romulan War novels, I just haven't been able to read them
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I've read a few ENT novels. The only thing that bugs me is Tucker's character is off. He's actually intelligent about engineering.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

They're pretty good, but then again I like ENT. So my advice might vary. ;)
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
USSEnterprise wrote:So I was watching this episode earlier and it was well...terrible. But on the bright side, with it in mind, couldn't we say ENT was nothing more than Wesley messing with historical simulations to fit his own little imaginary world? :D
Well no, not really. We could say that the events of that particular episode were off, since it's just a holodeck recreation, but that says nothing about the rest of Enterprise.

Apparently the novels have actually retconned Tucker's death; he faked it for some covert mission or something, IIRC.

Indeed. In the book it happens, they even talk about how hokey it looks, all things considered. After all, security won't arrive, and he'll blow himself up to save Archer when it just wasn't needed. Not to mention, how the pirates got on board at all.

In the books, be becomes a deep cover agent on Romulas. He's the only human alive that knows what they look like, and can't report back that they look like Vulcans for fear of a resurgence of Terra Prima. Which IMO actually makes pretty good sense.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Its sad when the novel writers do better than those of the actual series (given the history of Trek novel writing, especially TNG era).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

stitch626 wrote:Its sad when the novel writers do better than those of the actual series (given the history of Trek novel writing, especially TNG era).
Sad maybe, but it makes sense. The person writing the novel has A) MUCH more time to work on things and B) Is generally one person, rather than a room full of people who have to come to an agreement on each and every point of the script.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Plus don't have a budget to work with....actors bitching about lines and screen time....special effects and makeup guys able to keep up with what they want, and so on.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Lighthawk wrote: B) Is generally one person, rather than a room full of people who have to come to an agreement on each and every point of the script.
"A camel is a horse designed by a commitee"
- Sir Alec Issigonis
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Nah, a camel is merely a jeep to a horse's sports car. Might not be as fast or as pretty, but it'll do more work for longer without breaking.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"These are the Voyages...", was just B&B pissing in the fans faces one last time.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

It was far worse than that - it was B&B giving Enterprise an affectionate send off that the fans would love. Goes to show just how badly out of touch those two were.

At least Manny Coto had already produced a good solid series finale with the Terra Prime arc.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

There is no 'These are the Voyages'. it was just...

Ah, dammit. I can't even do a decent 'MiB' shtick. It pisses me off that much. :dwarf: