New Complete Series DVD Box Set

Enterprise
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

New Complete Series DVD Box Set

Post by Varthikes »

I just got the new Complete Series DVD Box Set today. (this one. I really don't like the way they packaged the disks, by the way. So far, though, everything works ok--mostly.

The only problem I'm having is accessing the Season 1 Special Features. It's not letting me get to them. I can access the two episodes on that disk ("Two Days and Two Nights" and "Shockwave, Part I"), but not the Special Features. Is there something fancy I have to do? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
cbosdell
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Re: New Complete Series DVD Box Set

Post by cbosdell »

I'm not positive but I'm 95% certain that's a bootleg collection. For one thing the site looks fishy. The thing that screams bootleg to me though is region free. Afaik Paramount/CBS does not do region-free DVDs nor does any major studio. So you probably don't have any extras. Were there deleted scenes on disks 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6?
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I didn't get it from that site specifically. I just linked to that site for the picture.

As for the deleted scenes... Yes, there are deleted scenes, and I can access them as well as the commentaries. And, I can access the Season 3 special features.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Bring it back to the shop, tell them the disk isn't working properly and ask for a replacement.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Any new earth shaking revelations to IMPROVE the outlook on seasons one or two?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I agree.

I have no intention of buying anymore Star Trek series on DVD or even Blu-Ray. I own them all and also converted them for storage onto one of my external hard drives. I bought them when they were still $100 a season. Now you can get that for half the price... :cry:
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"