Archer's Worst Command Decisions

Enterprise
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Archer's Worst Command Decisions

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

And the final captain. Go to it, folks. And thank you for your participation in these discussions. :)
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Archer's Worst Command Decisions

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Being complacent in genocide by refusing a cure after he promised he would give it to them after finding it.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I want to say "all of them" so badly...

Revealing the existence of the P'Jem Vulcan listening post to the Andorians. Archer betrayed Earth's greatest - ONLY - allies to enemies who had invaded Vulcan territory, because... well for no reason other than that he felt like it, apparently.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Being born, then everything after that.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Deepcrush wrote:Being born, then everything after that.
To be fair, he didn't decide to be born.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i actually prefer mirror archer- barring his haircut, mirror archer's greatest mistake barring the aforementioned haircut was trusting hoshi sato (note i didn't say sleeping with....)
he greatest act, kicking the gorn slavemaster into sillyputty! yeah!!! hail terra!!!
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well, I'm torn here. It's really hard to declare any of his command decisions as being bad. I mean the guy has the IQ of a hamster and only a passing acquaintance with reality. He was surrounded by intellects of a similar caliber. For a crazy idiot surrounded by morons he really didn't do too bad.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd go with the events of Dear Doctor. He willingly commits what amounts to genocide on completely non-existant logic and the most egregious misunderstanding of evolution than the national Creationist convention, all to adhere to a document which doesn't even exist yet.

At least when he revealed the listening stations at P'jem there were few, if any, serious consequences. In this case the blood of billions is on his hands.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm going with his FIRST one. Taking an untried ship and crew, whose weapons systems were not working, to take a Klingon home, into Klingon space.....how dumb is that? Only plot power kept them from getting blown up.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Okay.

Being complacent in genocide by refusing a cure after he promised he would give it to them after finding it.

Revealing the existence of the P'Jem Vulcan listening post to the Andorians. Archer betrayed Earth's greatest - ONLY - allies to enemies who had invaded Vulcan territory,

I'm going with his FIRST one. Taking an untried ship and crew, whose weapons systems were not working, to take a Klingon home, into Klingon space.....how dumb is that? Only plot power kept them from getting blown up.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm a little fuzzy on the detail - was the decision to take the Klingon home actually Archer's, or was he ordered to do so by Earth Starfleet?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Sionnach Glic wrote:I'd go with the events of Dear Doctor. He willingly commits what amounts to genocide on completely non-existant logic and the most egregious misunderstanding of evolution than the national Creationist convention, all to adhere to a document which doesn't even exist yet.

At least when he revealed the listening stations at P'jem there were few, if any, serious consequences. In this case the blood of billions is on his hands.
Uh, the Andorian's blew the ever living shit out of it from orbit.
I'm a little fuzzy on the detail - was the decision to take the Klingon home actually Archer's, or was he ordered to do so by Earth Starfleet?
He badgered Forest into allowing it, mostly by playing the "Vulcan's hold us back" card.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Mikey wrote:I'm a little fuzzy on the detail - was the decision to take the Klingon home actually Archer's, or was he ordered to do so by Earth Starfleet?
I imagine they technically ordered him to do it, but he is certainly the one arguing that the mission should go forward. He practically bullies the Admiralty into it.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Only three so far? Come on. Got until tomorrow night. ;)
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Hows this, sending out Shuttlepod 1 without a way to contact them.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.