Vulcan High Command slaps down the upstart Terrans with ease
15%
After a long and bloody war, Vulcan finaly proves its military superiority
30%
Draw - neither side has the strength to conquer the other
10%
The Terran Empire gains a new province, but with heavy casualties
40%
The Terran Empire triumphs easily, showing the pathetic aliens who's the real master of space
5%

Total votes: 20
USSEnterprise
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Re: War of the Week - VHC vs TE

Post by USSEnterprise »

I voted for the VHC. Granted, I only saw a couple of episodes of ENT, but I think I have a decent idea of how it went. The ENT Vulcan's seems to be a whole lot more militaristic than we have seen before for one. I see the TE as being a power who gained the majority of their power by making their opponents underestimate them to an extreme. How else could they conquer so much territory in the Mirror Universe being as economicly ruined as they were after WWIII, they were living in shacks after all in FC, how long would it take a population to recover after that? The Vulcan's have a HUGE technological advantage (from what I saw in ENT anyways...) and they seem to have a fair amount of ships. Given that no other power allies with the Terrens, I see the Vulcans winning.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

TE, but not easily. Vulcans arent used to fighting war, the Terrans are. Also the extreme agressive nature of the Terrans would shock the Vulcans, they wouldnt be able to understand the way they fight.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Using the fact that the the TE had conquered the Vulcans in TOS: "Mirror, Mirror" sort of falls down. We're talking about ENT tech, shown onscreen to be significantly behind both the "Mirror, Mirror" TE tech as well as the contemporary Vulcan tech.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Teaos wrote:TE, but not easily. Vulcans arent used to fighting war, the Terrans are. Also the extreme agressive nature of the Terrans would shock the Vulcans, they wouldnt be able to understand the way they fight.
And the TE would some how be used to how the VHC fights???

These kinds of "they know but the other guy doesn't" tends to fall flat. Neither has ever fought the other so neither would know how the other fought. Plus, in TNG you'll notice the Vulcans have a very violent history. They've had wars before.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I have been swayed. I'm leaning towards the TE now. We saw in beginning of In a Mirror Darkly old man Cochrane meet the Vulcan explorer with nothing but a 12 gauge shotgun. Thus the Terran Empire must have overcome the mirror Vulcans tech already, and MUST have incorporated some of it into it's ships already.

They have the know how, the numbers, and at least SOME of the ability now............
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

the ent vulcans always confused me,but probs noone else here, they espoused their ''infinite diversity'' spiel but also seemed callous at some points, often to the extent of killing or allowing death en masse a bit like the zakdorn in ''peak performance'', who ''logically '' advised the enterprise to retreat thus potentially leaving those on the hathaway to a fate unknown.
ps random point but the romulans are supposed to be capable of emotional extremes perhaps more so than humans (''star trek'' 2009) but most of their appearances, they seem the opposite, i.e. very repressed and subdued or at least understated, barring vreenaks' ''its a faaaake'' and tomalak in ''the defector''....
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Granitehewer wrote:the ent vulcans always confused me,but probs noone else here, they espoused their ''infinite diversity'' spiel but also seemed callous at some points, often to the extent of killing or allowing death en masse a bit like the zakdorn in ''peak performance'', who ''logically '' advised the enterprise to retreat thus potentially leaving those on the hathaway to a fate unknown.
ps random point but the romulans are supposed to be capable of emotional extremes perhaps more so than humans (''star trek'' 2009) but most of their appearances, they seem the opposite, i.e. very repressed and subdued or at least understated, barring vreenaks' ''its a faaaake'' and tomalak in ''the defector''....
Further, even in everyday situations the ENT Vulcans constantly assumed an air of racial superiority, much at odds with the IDIC philosophy. As to the Romulans, I consider them more like a modern human with a touch too much machismo, who keeps emotions bottled up and a staunch facade in effect, until things boil over.
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I thought IDIC was only practiced by the Syrrinites (spelling?) like T'Pau and T'Pol's mom. I could be wrong though.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

It seemed like that was the case, and after Archer found the thingamabob, everyone went towards the IDIC philosophy.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Fair enough.
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Looks like the TE is the victor here. Shall we call it?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yup, you can close the poll if you'd like.

The end result is an impressive but costly victory for the Terran Empire.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu