ENT - The Romulan War

Enterprise
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: ENT - The Romulan War

Post by JudgeKing »

The ENT relaunch novels are better than the actual series itself. That's funny.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

That's not hard to accomplish.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

stitch626 wrote:The ENT relaunch novels are better than the actual series itself. That's funny.
No, as they're not canon.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Rochey wrote:
stitch626 wrote:The ENT relaunch novels are better than the actual series itself. That's funny.
Um, I didn't write that. :lol:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

stitch626 wrote:
Rochey wrote:
Um, I didn't write that. :lol:
No, you sure didn't. :lol:

Rochey needs to defrag.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

How does being non-canon affect an assessment of their quality?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Um....I don't know. In fact I don't even remember the point I was trying to make. :?

I guess that's what you get for posting late at night.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

It makes the point that the non-canon stuff is better than most of the canon.

Then again mediocre fanfic would be an improvement on about a 1/3 of Ent's scripts.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

A shit stain on a piece of bathroom tissue is better then a 1/3 of the Ent scripts. Seems to me thats not much of a goal... :roll:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

<em>Rochey</em> wrote:I guess that's what you get for posting late at night.
On further inspection it appears I actualy wrote that at 1:43PM, so I really have no excuse. Oh well.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

JudgeKing wrote: In files de-classified in the early 25th century, it was revealed that Tucker had been recruited by the rogue spy agency known to some as Section 31 to infiltrate the space of the Romulan Star Empire and sabotage the Romulans research into developing a Warp-7 stardrive.
After dismissing the whole first season, forgetting about canon and rewatching the show years later I find myself really liking most of it and liking the characters but the one thing I positivly hated and still hate is that it reeks of human inferiority complex.

All aliens are physically and mentaly superior to human. All alien technology is superior to human technology. Altough those books are not canon I find it quite staggering that the romulans - who are supposed to lag behind in propulsion technology and are still running on "impulse power" during TOS times are suddenly supposed to develop a warp 7 drive. I mean didn't one starfleet admiral say that the romulans only were a bunch of terrorists before they aquired, developed warp drive and became an empire? Wouldn't say that if they were already miles ahead of human tech when we took our first steps into space now, would he?

I really like the ENT-crew (and if watched in the german synchronisation I dont even have to suffer tuckers accent) but one could really feel sorry for the whole human race IU. How they ever achieved anything at all remains a mystery to me.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

They were the new kids on the block, barely a century out from World War III. I believe it was Soval who commented that humanity accomplished in a century what it took Vulcans a thousand years to recover from.

And humans weren't vulnerable to trellium poisoning, but Vulcans were. :)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

There was a point to that exaggerated human inferiority, which was to show how humanity progressed so quickly from red-headed stepchildren to masters of their domain. But I agree that it was too exaggerated, and ended up feeling contrived.
as Bull offed Custer
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Well you are both right of course but still there is a difference between beeing the new kid on the block, learning the most valuable lessons the hard way (like...gosh I don't know, prime directive maybe) and beeing suckers at essentially everything they do.

That aside if was refering more to the "romulan warp 7 stardrive" which triggered only a big WTF reaction in me. It is okay that the odd alien of the week has a new ace up it's sleeve but it just doesn't work for me with klingons, vulcans, romulans, andorians etc. but I guess I am beating a dead horse here.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Maybe, but you're correct. Considering Scotty's comment in TOS: "Balance of Terror," it stretches credibility that they could push "simple impulse power" to that extent.
as Bull offed Custer