ENT - The Romulan War

Enterprise
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: ENT - The Romulan War

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:Maybe, but you're correct. Considering Scotty's comment in TOS: "Balance of Terror," it stretches credibility that they could push "simple impulse power" to that extent.
Guess they just had a big ass fusion plant in there.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Atekimogus wrote:
JudgeKing wrote: In files de-classified in the early 25th century, it was revealed that Tucker had been recruited by the rogue spy agency known to some as Section 31 to infiltrate the space of the Romulan Star Empire and sabotage the Romulans research into developing a Warp-7 stardrive.
After dismissing the whole first season, forgetting about canon and rewatching the show years later I find myself really liking most of it and liking the characters but the one thing I positivly hated and still hate is that it reeks of human inferiority complex.

All aliens are physically and mentaly superior to human. All alien technology is superior to human technology. Altough those books are not canon I find it quite staggering that the romulans - who are supposed to lag behind in propulsion technology and are still running on "impulse power" during TOS times are suddenly supposed to develop a warp 7 drive. I mean didn't one starfleet admiral say that the romulans only were a bunch of terrorists before they aquired, developed warp drive and became an empire? Wouldn't say that if they were already miles ahead of human tech when we took our first steps into space now, would he?

I really like the ENT-crew (and if watched in the german synchronisation I dont even have to suffer tuckers accent) but one could really feel sorry for the whole human race IU. How they ever achieved anything at all remains a mystery to me.
I personally like the Starfleet Museum approach to the 22nd century. However it still does not explain how the Big Three (Humans eventually Federation, Klingons and Romulans) have a similar level of technology on that website. Vulcans supposedly has been exploring space for the past 2,000 years and then poof humans are on scene technology accelerates at a faster pace.

I would like a mixture of both ENT and Starfleet Museum. Humans are new on the scene inferior to most races in terms of technology, and it wasn't until the Romulan War that caused the humans to rival or exceed the other powers.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

I too like the starfleet museum, I only have two objections the first beeing that most of the ships - altough completley logically designed - are butt-ugly and the second one that there are SO many shipclasses even during one era. There isn't anything wrong with it but since spaceships seem to be incredibly expensive I don't see having so many ship classes that early. Only in later trek do we see so many different classes often seemingly performing the same role, I can't see that working for the early years.
I like more the ditl approach of the mass produced deadalus for the romulan war.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

To be fair, the Earth ships are based off of a single hull. It wasn't until the advent of the antimatter driven vessels did we start to see numerous different designs, but that could be chalked up to combined resources of the pre-Federation alliance. Post war, I don't have a problem with. It's not like they have a 5,000 ships in 2161.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I like ENT.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:
:lol: See my sig.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

oh yeah 8)
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Reliant121 wrote:

*LEans over into reliant's ear and shouts*

I. Like. ENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't, fine. But I do! If you have a problem, I don't give a freakin' damn!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I like Enterprise too... from a certain point of view.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

The just smoked a fat one point of view?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Lighthawk wrote:The just smoked a fat one point of view?
The enjoyment of ENT is directly proportional to what angle you are viewing T'Pol at...
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Cpl Kendall wrote:The enjoyment of ENT is directly proportional to what angle you are viewing T'Pol at...
Now that's math I'll show my work for.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Lighthawk wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:The enjoyment of ENT is directly proportional to what angle you are viewing T'Pol at...
Now that's math I'll show my work for.
Well, I have the special ability to watch something even craptasic movies and even enjoy it. I go in and expect something out of it, and if it reaches that, then I am happy. In other words, yes there are quite a few episodes that are offensive to my eyes, but for the most part I enjoyed it. I enjoyed Season 3 because it was different from the rest of Star Trek. I liked the whole Xindi arc. Though I cannot fathom why end the season with a Space Nazi season ender...

I don't mind the ship either. It is obvious that it's a ripoff from the Akira and someone could have changed the design a little bit to make better sense of it.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:

*LEans over into reliant's ear and shouts*

I. Like. ENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't, fine. But I do! If you have a problem, I don't give a freakin' damn!
Reading this just reminded me of this.

"Any last words Dr. Jones?"
"I. Like. Ike"
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

-slowly withdraws Disruptor pistol-

Bad move, boy'o!