Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trek Facts- "The 37's" Question

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I imagined a Briori ship abducting somebody in a truck and then just deciding to dump the truck as they reached the planet. Odd that they wouldn't leave it on Earth, but maybe they planned to take it all the way home and then just got sick of the smell or something. Or even dumped it by accident.

As to where the Briori went, perhaps they ran into the Borg and got assimilated?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Trek Facts- "The 37's" Question

Post by Captain Seafort »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I imagined a Briori ship abducting somebody in a truck and then just deciding to dump the truck as they reached the planet. Odd that they wouldn't leave it on Earth, but maybe they planned to take it all the way home and then just got sick of the smell or something. Or even dumped it by accident.
Maybe limited transporter technology - they had to beam up everything within a given radius to be confident of getting their target. They then immediately bugged out at high warp back to their homeword before dumping the truck.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.